Quantcast

Creating a Systems Based Study Schedule coming from Subject based curriculum

Calculate Required USMLE Score for Your Specialty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

77ridgeway

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to put together a study schedule for step I. At a rapid review authors panel it was recommended to approach the boards through a systems based approach. I'm coming from a school whose curriculum is subject based. Is there any advice on how to create a schedule that is comprehensive? I'm afraid that I won't be efficient in this approach since my experience is subject based.

lankysudanese

antibiotics fetish
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to put together a study schedule for step I. At a rapid review authors panel it was recommended to approach the boards through a systems based approach. I'm coming from a school whose curriculum is subject based. Is there any advice on how to create a schedule that is comprehensive? I'm afraid that I won't be efficient in this approach since my experience is subject based.

I would recommend that you read the Kaplan Home Study series (which is system-based). I used these books, and found them detailed and comprehensive. it saved me having to jump between different books/resources when studying a certain organ system.