Feb 2, 2020
Status
  1. Medical Student
Is there a way to make anki cards quickly?

When I tried making Anki cards for my first week of school, it took a long time. Is there a way to make it in a more time efficient manner? Thanks

slowthai

holding a barbell.
7+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2013
In my gaff
1. Avoid basic cards. Heavily utilize cloze and image occlusion.

2. Try to keep a 1:1 ratio of fact to card

3. Keep at it. Over time, you'll pick up little tricks that'll make you way faster than when you started

Reactions: 5 users

Cornfed101

2+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
Also, get AnKing or another pre-made deck and get really good at searching. I mostly utilize pre-made cards and supplement just a few of my own per lecture (5-10 maybe)

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

libertyyne

5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2015
Status
  1. Medical Student
I made cards quickly, I would take a snapshot of the screen and just cover certain words in diagrams or in paragraphs with image occlusion.

Reactions: 1 users
D

deleted1005514

I made cards quickly, I would take a snapshot of the screen and just cover certain words in diagrams or in paragraphs with image occlusion.
I tried this on my last exam and ended up with 100-150 cards per lecture. They were quick to get through, but it seemed excessive multiplied times 30 lectures.

libertyyne

5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2015
Status
  1. Medical Student
I tried this on my last exam and ended up with 100-150 cards per lecture. They were quick to get through, but it seemed excessive multiplied times 30 lectures.
i probably had 1500 cards per course.

Some out there are blessed with perfect memories. Mere mortals like myself have to exert excessive effort to have results where i wanted them to be. the act of making the card is also useful.

Pick your poison.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 2, 2020
Status
  1. Medical Student

I tried it this way too. Now, I only make cards for slides that require rote memorization.

Kumorebi

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
I take screenshots of slides for the extra portion of cloze card types. Copy and paste sentences + cloze deletion. Lately I’ve been typing out sentences based on conceptual understanding for cloze deletion - active review while making cards.

for screenshots I use sharex which is a windows application and have hotkeys for selecting an area to screenshot. It automatically copies it to your clip board so just ctrl-v into the extra field.

libertyyne

5+ Year Member
Mar 5, 2015
Status
  1. Medical Student
I take screenshots of slides for the extra portion of cloze card types. Copy and paste sentences + cloze deletion. Lately I’ve been typing out sentences based on conceptual understanding for cloze deletion - active review while making cards.

for screenshots I use sharex which is a windows application and have hotkeys for selecting an area to screenshot. It automatically copies it to your clip board so just ctrl-v into the extra field.
you dont need a screenshot app, windows key+shift+s , allows you to copy only a certain area on your screen, and then just ctl+v

Reactions: 1 user

Kumorebi

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
you dont need a screenshot app, windows key+shift+s , allows you to copy only a certain area on your screen, and then just ctl+v
But can it make gifs :unsure:

gotta give that a try. i like sharex though

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads