credit load as a graduating senior

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kiara08

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
will med schools look down on only taking 13 credits my last semester of college if i've averaged around 17 credits every other semester?

Members don't see this ad.

I averaged 16 and am only taking 12. They don't care.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at 9 hours and one of those is a Freshman level Comm class. Who cares? More classes would just cost me more money.

I'm at 13 as a senior, but I was never below 18 for the rest of college. I can't imagine that it matters.

I'm taking way too many really hard classes (19 credits) right now as a graduating senior...stupid mistake.

I took only 6 credits each semester during my senior year and nobody cared. Just so long as you are doing something with your free time you can talk about in your secondaries/interviews: job, research, volunteering...

I plan on taking 12 hours, with most of them being easy filler classes.

I only took 12 hours spring my senior year and pass/failed 4 of them (which means they don't get factored into GPA). Of course, when I bombed (I mean BOMBED) one test, it dropped one of my grades to a C. So when you get a C in one of only two classes in a semester, it results in a pretty sh*tty GPA. So just keep in mind the lack of buffer if you get a less than satisfactory grade.