Credits vs Credit hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ncide

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking over my AADSAS calculated grades from a couple of months ago and noticed that there are calculated hours for each term. What are these hours? How are they different than credits?

The reason I ask is because at my school each credit was worth 3 credit hours, meaning that for each credit we took we were tasked with a course load involving 3 hours of student commitment per week. The calculated hours in AADSAS doesn't match this description, so I am wondering what did they calculate?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was looking over my AADSAS calculated grades from a couple of months ago and noticed that there are calculated hours for each term. What are these hours? How are they different than credits?
The reason I ask is because at my school each credit was worth 3 credit hours, meaning that for each credit we took we were tasked with a course load involving 3 hours of student commitment per week. The calculated hours in AADSAS doesn't match this description, so I am wondering what did they calculate?
Credits=hours. If, as you say, your school's count differs, it should/will be so defined on your transcript.

Hmm, according to my the AADSAS hours I never attended school full time. Something odd was calculated.

Thanks for the reply doc toothache!

Hmm, according to my the AADSAS hours I never attended school full time. Something odd was calculated.Thanks for the reply doc toothache!
Hmm, AADSAS is not in the business of determining whether you "attended school full time" or part time. You may, however, have to point out the unusual way your college/university does it's academic accounting.

Last edited: