Creepy! Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Odontonewyorker

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Having graduated in 2001, the staff and the dean of my college back in India have since left. Now, how am I to have a bunch of strangers write me recommedation letters?😕 I find it alienating that this is not a problem for anyone else here when it's my biggest achilles heel (apart from the fact that I have'nt taken my part II or that my part 1 is that annoying 89 score). I mean, i am about to hop on a plane and convince the new staff that I was good and skilled and paint a picture of someone they would recommend if they knew me...
(Anyone in newyork to respond to this wins a free cup of joe anywhere in the bronx)😳.
 
choice #1
Get yourself some dental related volunteering or work experience and let them write a recommendation (if no school recommendation is needed)

Choice #2
Do some research about where are your old professors and request them to sign your recommendations.


I am not in the bronx, but you can use paypal =)
 
Where exactly do they not ask for a letter from the Dean/ the assoc. Dean and some other self important guy passing by, all sealed and signed across and sent directly to and thru...Am I the only one contemplating spending my tax return on booking a flight to India and convincing the new dean I'm worth recommending, only to proceed to instruct him on the ten different ways I need him sending this about... btw I can't afford the surcharge of paypal at this penniless moment- I was suggesting I brew you a cup from home and have it delivered within a 45 min radius of my borough- times are hard yo.