Creepy! Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Odontonewyorker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Having graduated in 2001, the staff and the dean of my college back in India have since left. Now, how am I to have a bunch of strangers write me recommedation letters?:confused: I find it alienating that this is not a problem for anyone else here when it's my biggest achilles heel (apart from the fact that I have'nt taken my part II or that my part 1 is that annoying 89 score). I mean, i am about to hop on a plane and convince the new staff that I was good and skilled and paint a picture of someone they would recommend if they knew me...
(Anyone in newyork to respond to this wins a free cup of joe anywhere in the bronx):oops:.

Members don't see this ad.

choice #1
Get yourself some dental related volunteering or work experience and let them write a recommendation (if no school recommendation is needed)

Choice #2
Do some research about where are your old professors and request them to sign your recommendations.

I am not in the bronx, but you can use paypal =)

Where exactly do they not ask for a letter from the Dean/ the assoc. Dean and some other self important guy passing by, all sealed and signed across and sent directly to and thru...Am I the only one contemplating spending my tax return on booking a flight to India and convincing the new dean I'm worth recommending, only to proceed to instruct him on the ten different ways I need him sending this about... btw I can't afford the surcharge of paypal at this penniless moment- I was suggesting I brew you a cup from home and have it delivered within a 45 min radius of my borough- times are hard yo.