Creighton Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highheeledMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else was accepted to Creighton??? I loved the people, environment, and school when I visited. However, I am still wating to hear from other schools. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

highheeledMD said:
I was wondering if anyone else was accepted to Creighton??? I loved the people, environment, and school when I visited. However, I am still wating to hear from other schools. Anyone else in the same boat?
In this metaphorical boat you speak of, I'm riding shotgun ms. highheels (I'm assuming you're divalicious from your username, but correct me if I'm wrong). Anyhoo, I'm waiting and watching...watching and waiting on another lovely Jesuit institution down I-80 by the name of Loyola...thus far, they've given me the icy forearm shiver but that's neither here nor there.

But alas, question for the saucy minx that goes by the name of highheelsMD. Are the Creighton B-Jays at/near the top of your list, and secondly, are you concerned about the tuition at all? I'm owt...

highheeledMD said:

I was also accepted. It's not the only school I've been accepted at, but it's my favorite. I think Creighton had the most balanced students, and I was impressed with the medical center and the atmosphere at the school. Compared to other schools, the students seemed to have pure motives; i.e. other school's students seemed to try to do the minimum so they could get the md and be gone. Overall impression: great school, environment, and students; Want to learn more about Creighton's national reputation, but I know they have their share of Mayo, WashU, and other good residencies.

Members don't see this ad :)
whitecoatjimmy said:
In this metaphorical boat you speak of, I'm riding shotgun ms. highheels (I'm assuming you're divalicious from your username, but correct me if I'm wrong). Anyhoo, I'm waiting and watching...watching and waiting on another lovely Jesuit institution down I-80 by the name of Loyola...thus far, they've given me the icy forearm shiver but that's neither here nor there.

But alas, question for the saucy minx that goes by the name of highheelsMD. Are the Creighton B-Jays at/near the top of your list, and secondly, are you concerned about the tuition at all? I'm owt...

Creighton was not my first choice, until I visited. Since my interview, it quickly rose to the top of my list. It is however, the only school I have been accepted to thus far.... I too am waiting to hear from Loyola... and the devilish CA schools... And as for tuition, I guess I am going to be in debt no matter what so I am not going to choose a school based on tuition...

I was accepted at Creighton also, and I love the school- the campus is way more impressive than I originally thought/saw from the street, the outlook and demeanor of the school is fantastic, their commitment to service to humanity and the public is awesome also. The only things that kill me are the tuition and the fact that it is in Omaha, which is way cooler than I thought, but still not exactly my cup of tea. It's a difficult call. I also got into Tulane, which (for about the same price) is of comparable attitude toward community service, and located in N'awlins. I think I'm going to drop Creighton a line this week to thank them heartily, but decline.