Creighton Class of 2020

Started by AstraZ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had my interview last Friday. It was absolutely amazing! Everyone is spot-on when they say that all the staff and students are super encouraging and supportive. The campus and facilities were amazing, as well. It was cool that they have you try on pharmacy coats and get sizes, and take pictures......but, in doing so, it will make it even more devastating if I don't get accepted.......but I will try not to think about that! I hope these next 4 weeks go by quickly! 🙂
 
Last edited:
I had my interview last Friday. It was absolutely amazing! Everyone is spot-on when they say that all the staff and students are super encouraging and supportive. The campus and facilities were amazing, as well. It was cool that they have you try on pharmacy coats and get sizes, and take pictures......but, in doing so, it will make it even more devastating if I don't get accepted.......but I will try not to think about that! I hope those next 4 weeks go by quickly! 🙂

I know what you mean. I hope it went well though and that we'll see you next year. Keep us posted.
 
For those who were accepted, was your password for NEST included in your admissions packet? I've been through all of the paperwork and I can't find it. I hope I'm not missing something obvious.
 
For those who were accepted, was your password for NEST included in your admissions packet? I've been through all of the paperwork and I can't find it. I hope I'm not missing something obvious.

mine is on the sheet "Instructions for logging in to your nest account" where they show you how to activate it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Creighton gives out scholarships? If so, roughly how much? Also are pharmacy school loans unsubsized or subsidized?
 
Does anyone know if Creighton gives out scholarships? If so, roughly how much? Also are pharmacy school loans unsubsized or subsidized?
They told us in our interview that they do give out scholarships. And amounts vary.
 
Does anyone know if Creighton gives out scholarships? If so, roughly how much? Also are pharmacy school loans unsubsized or subsidized?

They did mention that they do give out scholarships initially based on incoming GPA and PCAT and the amounts vary up to $6,000/year I believe. It may be per semester, but I don't remember. Those are renewable every semester as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA or better every semester. There are additional scholarships available for "established" students also, but they didn't really go into those too much. As for loans, I'm not sure which category they fall into (or if it's both) but I would imagine they're most likely to be the ones that accumulate interest during school.
 
They did mention that they do give out scholarships initially based on incoming GPA and PCAT and the amounts vary up to $6,000/year I believe. It may be per semester, but I don't remember. Those are renewable every semester as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA or better every semester. There are additional scholarships available for "established" students also, but they didn't really go into those too much. As for loans, I'm not sure which category they fall into (or if it's both) but I would imagine they're most likely to be the ones that accumulate interest during school.

Thank you
 
They did mention that they do give out scholarships initially based on incoming GPA and PCAT and the amounts vary up to $6,000/year I believe. It may be per semester, but I don't remember. Those are renewable every semester as long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA or better every semester. There are additional scholarships available for "established" students also, but they didn't really go into those too much. As for loans, I'm not sure which category they fall into (or if it's both) but I would imagine they're most likely to be the ones that accumulate interest during school.
do you know if we have to apply for it or are we automatically considered?
 
I looked today and my status has been updated to complete. Has anyone elses? Im not sure of what that means.....
 
Just got my letter today, interviewed on December 11th, so they should be arriving soon! Mine was dated December 23rd.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied recently due to financial issues (had to wait for christmas money). How long did it take for pharmcas to verify?
 
Pharmcas still hasn't finished verifying my app and its been 3 weeks. I paid for the coursework service and even uploaded my coursework myself! I really hope I make the Jan 15 deadline.
 
I'm going to be applying to the Distance program and am scheduled to take the PCAT on February 11th. I hope that there will still be spots available by the time my application has been verified, submitted, and received. Does anyone happen to know how many students have been accepted to the Distance program at this point? I'm just trying to get a rough estimate of how many spots are left.

BTW, if some of you guys don't mind sharing, could you state what your composite PCAT score was that you got accepted with?
 
Last edited:
Pharmcas still hasn't finished verifying my app and its been 3 weeks. I paid for the coursework service and even uploaded my coursework myself! I really hope I make the Jan 15 deadline.

What deadline is on Jan. 15th? Isn't Creighton's application deadline March 1st?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I have an interview on the 19th of Feb. I am super excited, but I have heard that there was a writing sample as part of the interview. How was it or was there actually a writing sample?