Creighton Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Distance Pathway

I'm applying for that pathway as well. Just out of curiosity, can I ask what your GPA and PCAT scores are? Also, how long did it take for you to hear back from Creighton after your application was verified & submitted by PharmCAS?

I'm applying for that pathway as well. Just out of curiosity, can I ask what your GPA and PCAT scores are? Also, how long did it take for you to hear back from Creighton after your application was verified & submitted by PharmCAS?
Check your pm and it took about 2-3 weeks. But I applied for that January 15th priority.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone happen to have any idea of approximately how many spots are left for the Distance Program?

Hello everyone, just checked my status online and their site says that I've been selected for an interview. Nothing was sent to my email yet, should I call them on Monday morning? Hopefully there is interviews remaining after Feb 19, 2016 because I have four interview lined up for the next four weeks. For those who already been interviewed, is the 1-on-1 interview a open or close file? Thanks!

Hello everyone, just checked my status online and their site says that I've been selected for an interview. Nothing was sent to my email yet, should I call them on Monday morning? Hopefully there is interviews remaining after Feb 19, 2016 because I have four interview lined up for the next four weeks. For those who already been interviewed, is the 1-on-1 interview a open or close file? Thanks!

Yes I would call, I had the same thing happen with my application

Distance. I applied after the supplemental was waived so I don't have a way of checking on the creighton portal.

I'm about to submit my application for the Distance program as well. If you don't mind, can I ask what your GPA and PCAT stats are?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I have an interview on the 19th of Feb. I am super excited, but I have heard that there was a writing sample as part of the interview. How was it or was there actually a writing sample?
I'll see you there if it's for distance pathway?

Congrats!
Best of luck to you, I know many current students and alumni for the program who have nothing but positive things to say!
Thanks!!!!! Same to you. I am really excited and nervous all at the same time.

Thanks!!!!! Same to you. I am really excited and nervous all at the same time.
I completely agree! When are you flying in? My flight comes into Omaha the day before so I figure I would use that time to relax and not freak out! I am so excited! :)

I completely agree! When are you flying in? My flight comes into Omaha the day before so I figure I would use that time to relax and not freak out! I am so excited! :)
My flight comes in the day before as well. I am definitely going to try and not freak out, but I don't know.

Does anyone know if Creighton typically holds additional interview sessions into March? I wasn't sure if it was common for their spots to get filled up before then, since they use rolling admissions

Does anyone know if Creighton typically holds additional interview sessions into March? I wasn't sure if it was common for their spots to get filled up before then, since they use rolling admissions
According to their website, we're only halfway through with interview dates as of today. Would be surprising if they were already filled up. Also, took the most recent PCAT and just finished my first semester of Organic Chemistry and sent those all in. Still haven't received anything for either an interview or rejection. Should I call?

According to their website, we're only halfway through with interview dates as of today. Would be surprising if they were already filled up. Also, took the most recent PCAT and just finished my first semester of Organic Chemistry and sent those all in. Still haven't received anything for either an interview or rejection. Should I call?

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. I actually am waiting on PharmCAS to input my grades and verify/submit my application. I also won't be taking the PCAT until next month, so it will be a while before my application is even eligible to be reviewed. Can I ask how long ago you applied? Also, if you don't mind sharing, can I ask what your GPA and PCAT score are?

In my case. I received an interview invite after they got my official PCAT score. So you just have to take PCAT first and wait for the official socre. From there, you will have to wait another a week or two. I know it is really frustrated but it is a process. So hang in there.

What courses did you guys take to satisfy the Biology 1 and 2 requirements? I took a Biology 1 course for my Biology degree, but my school didn't offer an actual Biology 2 course, so I hope I don't have to take another Biology class to be eligible to apply. I have taken plenty of upper-level Bio courses, though.

I am interviewing on 2-19 for the distance program. Not sure I can brave the cold! Lol my PCAT scores were horrible and my GPA was average at 3.1 but I do tons of charity work, volunteer hours and pharmacy experience ! Never give up people :) if anyone else is gonna be there and wants to grab lunch/dinner the night before the interview so it isn't that bad now that you know someone interviewing with you! Let me know ! Lol

Reactions: 1 users
I am interviewing on 2-19 for the distance program. Not sure I can brave the cold! Lol my PCAT scores were horrible and my GPA was average at 3.1 but I do tons of charity work, volunteer hours and pharmacy experience ! Never give up people :) if anyone else is gonna be there and wants to grab lunch/dinner the night before the interview so it isn't that bad now that you know someone interviewing with you! Let me know ! Lol
SummerKiwi and I are interviewing on the 19th as well. See you there.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly, your guess is as good as mine. I actually am waiting on PharmCAS to input my grades and verify/submit my application. I also won't be taking the PCAT until next month, so it will be a while before my application is even eligible to be reviewed. Can I ask how long ago you applied? Also, if you don't mind sharing, can I ask what your GPA and PCAT score are?
I applied in November, retook my PCAT the last time around in January, last message I got was that they were waiting for my test scores to be received.

I just check my portal and the status of my application has changed into "Complete" this afternoon. I interviewed on Jan 22. I was wondering if anyone heard anything?

Hey guys, I have an interview on the 19th of Feb. I am super excited, but I have heard that there was a writing sample as part of the interview. How was it or was there actually a writing sample?

There is a writing sample, but it's not bad at all.

I heard back about an interview the same day they got my PCAT score (that was the last part of my app to be completed. I submitted my app back in July, supplemental in August, and was in the first round of interviews for the distance pathway.

The official interview invite emails come out after the update in the portal. If it shows you've been selected for an interview in the portal, you've been selected and you can go ahead and schedule it.

The interview is closed file, but some of the interviewers are on the adcom (they don't tell you who) so there's always a chance they may have seen your app. My advice is if there's anything in your app that needs explaining, be upfront about it and address it yourself.

To my understanding, they keep interviewing until spots are full and then they stop interviews for that pathway once it's full. Can someone else confirm or deny this?

What courses did you guys take to satisfy the Biology 1 and 2 requirements? I took a Biology 1 course for my Biology degree, but my school didn't offer an actual Biology 2 course, so I hope I don't have to take another Biology class to be eligible to apply. I have taken plenty of upper-level Bio courses, though.

There's a chance they'll accept one of the upper levels if it fulfills the requirements, but I'd be very surprised if they waived it. I'd contact one of the admissions counselors though to find out since science pre-reqs are due by the end of spring semester.

The official interview invite emails come out after the update in the portal. If it shows you've been selected for an interview in the portal, you've been selected and you can go ahead and schedule it.

The interview is closed file, but some of the interviewers are on the adcom (they don't tell you who) so there's always a chance they may have seen your app. My advice is if there's anything in your app that needs explaining, be upfront about it and address it yourself.

Regarding the interview -- so even though it's closed-file, the interviewers might have any issues that were on your application in mind when they actually interview you (since they might have reviewed your application beforehand themselves)? Do they bring up these kinds of things themselves, or should we volunteer to explain anything bad that may be on our transcript, even if they don't ask us about it first?

Regarding the interview -- so even though it's closed-file, the interviewers might have any issues that were on your application in mind when they actually interview you (since they might have reviewed your application beforehand themselves)? Do they bring up these kinds of things themselves, or should we volunteer to explain anything bad that may be on our transcript, even if they don't ask us about it first?

I would volunteer it if I were you. I had something I wanted to explain on mine and I laid it right out there because I didn't want it to seem like I was hiding anything, even though I'd addressed it in my personal statement already. I don't think they would bring anything up, but then I've had a closed file interview at another school and the first question out of the interviewer's mouth was about something on my file. I will say this about Creighton: they really seem to want to get to know you as a person as opposed to just stats on paper. They're super friendly there. I loved them even more after my interview than before. Lol

I accidentally deleted the link they sent me to get to the portal. Anyone know of another way I can access it without the link?

I accidentally deleted the link they sent me to get to the portal. Anyone know of another way I can access it without the link?
Have you checked your trash file yet? It might be in there.

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile app

My portal says I've been selected for an interview but I haven't received the invite yet. Did you receive it by email?

I received it by email. But if the portal says that you have been selected, you should be able to schedule your interview day.

Awesome!!!!!

Distance, thanks

You're welcome. I'm applying to the Distance Program as well. Do you mind if I ask what your GPA and PCAT scores were? I'm just trying to see how competitive I am compared to other applicants. I have around a 3.5 GPA and will take the PCAT this week.

You're welcome. I'm applying to the Distance Program as well. Do you mind if I ask what your GPA and PCAT scores were? I'm just trying to see how competitive I am compared to other applicants. I have around a 3.5 GPA and will take the PCAT this week.

I sent you a message