Creighton College of Pharmacy question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oversea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am applying for serveral college pharmacy in Texas right now. I think about apply for some out of state private schools as well in case Texas schools do not accept me.
Have any of you went to Creighton University? Is it a good school to apply to? Also, is Nebraska a good state to live?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I know a number of Creighton grads and they are all very good. Creighton has a solid, established program but it's expensive. About $34,000/year. They also have an online distance pathway.

I know a number of Creighton grads and they are all very good. Creighton has a solid, established program but it's expensive. About $34,000/year. They also have an online distance pathway.
Thank you for the information.:)
I tried to find their tuition rate but i could not see it on their website. I dont know if i have to pay for out of state tuition in private school or not. I may have to think about my finance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Very prestigious school and NAPLEX is over 96% stably over the years. Omaha is not a tiny city...

Reactions: 1 user
Private schools do not make you pay out of state tuition. It's just expensive... I'm from Texas and a P1 at Creighton right now and we have 4 other Texas students.

Private schools do not make you pay out of state tuition. It's just expensive... I'm from Texas and a P1 at Creighton right now and we have 4 other Texas students.
How do u like it so far? Also, how is the living condition there compare to Texas( housing/weather/ cost of living etc)
I just like to know so i can gather at much information about the school at possible.
Thank you:)

How do u like it so far? Also, how is the living condition there compare to Texas( housing/weather/ cost of living etc)
I just like to know so i can gather at much information about the school at possible.
Thank you:)
I like it a lot so far (though we haven't had our first test yet :p). Distance learning works really well for me. I would say it definitely depends on the person though.
Overall, prices (food, living, etc) seem pretty similar to Texas (at least to me). A lot of distance students from different parts of the country were saying how cheap some stuff was. The weather is supposedly very different. When we were there this summer it was a nice California temperature the whole time and everyone was saying how lucky we were. I believe they have extremes like Texas with heat and more snow. Omaha is very different from Dallas though for a 'downtown' (not saying it isn't nice).
I'd say if you can visit for a tour or something that would be best as visiting for the interview is really what cemented me wanting to go there.
As far as distance or campus, that's a decision you'd have to make yourself based on what's best for you.

I like it a lot so far (though we haven't had our first test yet :p). Distance learning works really well for me. I would say it definitely depends on the person though.
Overall, prices (food, living, etc) seem pretty similar to Texas (at least to me). A lot of distance students from different parts of the country were saying how cheap some stuff was. The weather is supposedly very different. When we were there this summer it was a nice California temperature the whole time and everyone was saying how lucky we were. I believe they have extremes like Texas with heat and more snow. Omaha is very different from Dallas though for a 'downtown' (not saying it isn't nice).
I'd say if you can visit for a tour or something that would be best as visiting for the interview is really what cemented me wanting to go there.
As far as distance or campus, that's a decision you'd have to make yourself based on what's best for you.[/QUOT
Thank you very much! It is very helpful information.