Creighton Feb Post-interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melisa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Has anyone interviewed at Creighton in Feb heard from the medical school? My interview was scheduled in mid Feb, but I am still waiting. As mentioned at the interview, I should expect to receive a letter from the school within two to three weeks. I'm really concerned at this time since I have yet heard from them. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 22nd and haven't heard anything yet. I just check my mailbox every day hoping for good news.

hey guys
I was interviewed on 15th feb and was placed on the wait list a week later. May be the delay spells out the better news for you all.

Members don't see this ad :)
j2001,

Did you received a letter in the mail one week after your interview? That's pretty quick.

yep, Jiffy Boy-I called them and the lady who answers the phones told me that I was waitlisted and I got a letter in mail two days later. I was truly disappointed as I loved the school and my interview had gone extremely well. But, I guess I just have to wait loooooooooooonger.
Good Luck.

I have a friend that interviewed sometime in Feb. that found out 2 weeks ago that she was accepted. I hope this helps.
Good Luck.

It has been a month after the interview and I haven't heard from Creighton. Is this a bad sign? If anyone had been in a similar situation after an interview at Creighton, please post your experience. Thanks! To J2001, have you heard from them lately? Best wishes.

Hey Melisa
I got the alternate list email yesterday stating that they will keep me posted.
I think you should callthem. The ad. com. and the lady who answers the phone are really nice people and may be able to tell you what's going on. Good Luck.

As a student at Creighton, my advice would be to call the Admissions office. Ask the receptionist if Dr. Nipper or Dr. Glass are not available. If you have other questions, let me know.

I think they sent out notifications this week, I called Dr. Glass and he informed me that I had been rejected, add another one to the list. Luckily, I have acceptances elsewhere to soften the blow. Good luck you all, perhaps I will see you next year in Omaha, I will be across the way at UNMC! Take care

•••quote:•••Originally posted by docuw:
•As a student at Creighton, my advice would be to call the Admissions office. Ask the receptionist if Dr. Nipper or Dr. Glass are not available. If you have other questions, let me know.•••••Hey docuw:
Do you know how fast is the alternate list? I really like the school and would love to go there. I emailed Dean Nipper the second I got the waitlist letter. He emailed me back but I think he got annoyed by this. So, I dont know what my chances will be now.
Please post any advice you may have.
Thanks

The waitlist moves all summer long - that is about all I know. One of our classmates got in the day before classes started b/c someone else decided not to go. We also had 1 gal drop out 2 weeks after classes began, but by that time it was too late I guess.

Dr. Nipper is a super nice guy, and is generally willing to field questions via email. He has been frustrated this whole year though, as the AMCAS screw up really stressed that office out. I dont think writing him will decrease chances at all.

I also believe that interviews will be lasting through some time in April. I have not verified this yet though.

Take care.

Docuw-Thanks

April 26th is the last day of interviews. emails went out today for interviewees for the final 2 weeks (interviews on April 19 and 26). They may send out a few more invites, but after this week, I think that invites are pretty much over.

Laterz

Hey guys!

Does anyone know if Creighton's waitlist is moving already? They apparently don't wait until May 15th to pull people off...so I wondered...

Thanks!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by maple:
•Hey guys!

Does anyone know if Creighton's waitlist is moving already? They apparently don't wait until May 15th to pull people off...so I wondered...

Thanks!•••••They havent even finished interviewing (Last interview is April 26). So, I doubt that there is any movment. They are still offering a few acceptances and waitlists.