Creighton Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smarin87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email about interviewing at Creighton and I am so excited!!! Anyone else got an interview there?!

Members don't see this ad.

There's another Creighton link you may want to check out.

Congrats!

I have an interview for the distance program. What kind of questions do you think we should expect? Have you talked to anyone else who has already interviewed there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

May I ask how this distance-based curriculum works?

It seems like I can be learning and studying from NY and come in to the university to complete the lab requirements?

Congrats!

May I ask how this distance-based curriculum works?

It seems like I can be learning and studying from NY and come in to the university to complete the lab requirements?

Hello,

Yes, you learn and study where you live. During summer for 1 or 2 weeks (depending on the year) you'll come to campus for summer labs. Pretty slick!

The curriculum is same exact for both campus and distance pathways. Same deadlines, exam dates, graduation date, etc. Campus lectures are video and audio taped, and are available to distance students a couple of hours after via the Internet.

So, are there set times that you MUST be online? Or as long as you have work done by xxx deadline you're good to go?

So, are there set times that you MUST be online? Or as long as you have work done by xxx deadline you're good to go?

No mandatory times to be online for us. Every class so far for us has been when you want to do it. That's how the program is designed. I have classmates in Hawaii, which is 5 hours difference. So near impossible to have mandatory online times.

Wow! Too good to be true...application process criteria still the same for the distance-based students?

And how would the interview process work? They still come in to the onsite campus for those, right?

GOOD LUCK with interviews!

I think I'll apply to Creighton. :thumbup:

Wow! Too good to be true...application process criteria still the same for the distance-based students?

And how would the interview process work? They still come in to the onsite campus for those, right?

GOOD LUCK with interviews!

I think I'll apply to Creighton. :thumbup:

Criteria is the same for both pathways. Check out the school website.

Yes, you go to campus for interviews.

I've had one class that was an exception - Spanish - but it was an elective and the timing was published before the semester so that if it was impossible with your schedule, you would know. We met 1 day a week for 1.5 hours. We also had one class with an optional review session held live one day a week, but I never attended that one. :oops:

I love it and I can't imagine doing it any other way - best of luck!

You can do your work whenever you want, for the most part. Like another person said, there are optional review sessions that are live. There are time windows in which you must complete quizzes and tests, usually 8 hours. The summer lab sessions are 1-2 weeks long. It's a great program!!