Creighton (Omaha) vs Rosalind Franklin (Help Needed!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jazzyjaz7169

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Creighton
Pros
  • Has affiliated hospital
  • The student body seems very supportive of each other
  • I'm into lifting and mixed martial arts and the gyms in the area are fantastic
  • No traffic

Cons
  • Nebraska, need a car to get around
  • Hurricane and tornadeos

Rosalind Franklin
Pros
  • Longer dedicated study period for Step 1
  • Close to Chicago?

Cons
  • Doesn't have an affiliated hospital, I've heard people have had to set up their own rotations?
  • Harsher winters?

Both schools have a similar cost of attendance, my partner is a civil engineer and it seems like there'd be more opportunities in Omaha vs North Chicago? I'm interested in doing Family medicine/Sports medicine. Overall, both schools seem okay but I'm having trouble deciding. Any insights into both schools would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Creighton, better to have affiliated hospitals. If there are more opportunities in Omaha for your partner, that would be another big pro for Creighton.

I agree. I think Creighton / Omaha is the better choice. Cost of living and taxes are lower, too. RF is really not in Chicago, the school is in North Chicago some 40-50 minutes north of the city of Chicago.

Obviously there would be more opportunities in Chicago than Omaha but I would still go Creighton

North Chicago is like 40 minutes from Chicago.