Creighton University 2019 Distance Pathway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr2012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a current Creighton Distance P1, I would recommend that you find a community college Biochemistry class that will transfer in the spring and take it! It will save you a lot of trouble and study time, and I wish someone had told me this last year at this time. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad.

mr2012,
Thank you for the advice! I am submitting my SA this weekend for Creighton distance pathway. How do you like the program? What are the major challenges?

Also, how was the admissions process last year? Would you mind giving your pre-admission stats and the application submission/interview/acceptance timeline you underwent?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Last edited:
I had everything submitted by mid September. I got an email to interview second week of November but could not make the November spot, so I went in January. I received a waitlist letter 4 weeks later. I would look at the timelines and stats from the Creighton University 2018 threads, of which there are two. Check both threads.
The admission process is very pleasant. They are looking for well rounded applicants. 80% of us have prior pharmacy experience as techs in a variety of settings, a big difference from 2013 when 25% had pharmacy experience. Creighton wants applicants who show compassion, determination, intelligence, leadership, drive, and an understanding that becoming a pharmacist is about serving patients.
The program is intense. You live on your school issued computer. You are presented and tested on the same material as the campus students. If you fall behind, getting caught up is nearly impossible. You must be extremely disciplined and possess excellent time management skills. If you are struggling, it is your responsibility to seek help. They do not babysit you. They want you to succeed, but the will not hold your hand through the process. You are an adult and are treated as such, and they remind you of this frequently. You can have up to 4 exams in a week, excluding finals week which is 5 exams this semester.
If you have specific questions going forward, please send me a message instead. Let me know when you get an interview, and review past threads on the Creighton Distance Pathway for dates of previous interviews, class stats, etc. I put extensive amounts information in the 2018 thread.

Good luck. The waiting takes forever, I know, but you will miss the boredom once you in.