Creighton University Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have been interview/accepted how long before a decision is known? Do they call, email or mail the decision? What is the deposit and what is the time frame to submit the deposit?

I got my acceptance letter in the mail 4 weeks after the interview. I did receive an email after that. The deposit was $400 and I believe they give you a month to submit it.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who submitted their applications around March deadline hear from CU yet?:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an offer to interview on a Wednesday.
Good luck! I guess most of us still waiting are now hoping to get invited to the last interview date on 4/22. By then we would probably be interviewing for the few remaining seats.

Thanks for the information. I have offers to this program and to Pacific University Oregon (the three year modified block program). Any advice, helpful criticism, raving accolades, etc. you can give about the distance path?

I am really enjoying the distance program. I'm definitely an independent learner so it is a good fit, but I still have my classmates available to reach out to if needed. One of my classmates and I have regular study sessions via fb video chat or webex so you don't have to be "alone." The only complaint I have at this point is trying to set up IPPEs. You really get zero help from the OEE until you establish initial contact and if you are in an area (like I am) with no sites already established, it's on you to make it happen. And I will say I've had some initially negative reactions to an "online program" but in general creighton has a awesome reputation. Just takes a little extra leg work. Can be frustrating at times but overall well worth the trade off I think.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many seats are left by any chance?...

I am really enjoying the distance program. I'm definitely an independent learner so it is a good fit, but I still have my classmates available to reach out to if needed. One of my classmates and I have regular study sessions via fb video chat or webex so you don't have to be "alone." The only complaint I have at this point is trying to set up IPPEs. You really get zero help from the OEE until you establish initial contact and if you are in an area (like I am) with no sites already established, it's on you to make it happen. And I will say I've had some initially negative reactions to an "online program" but in general creighton has a awesome reputation. Just takes a little extra leg work. Can be frustrating at times but overall well worth the trade off I think.
I am also an i dependent learner... CU is my top choice.. I was wondering, do all students in your class have bachelors degrees? I am completing mine.. Also, how many pharmacy technician?
Thanks

hello Guys
recently I am accepted to Creighton Campus pathway program and I thought we should create a facebook page to share information about housing and on top of that to get to know each other. Thus, if someone out there already have one, pls post the link here so that everyone can join and help each other out! if not I will make one and we can start to work it out.
FYI: I am looking for an apt or sharing a room! either one is fine to me! welcome any suggestion [=

I am also an i dependent learner... CU is my top choice.. I was wondering, do all students in your class have bachelors degrees? I am completing mine.. Also, how many pharmacy technician?
Thanks
I would say the vast majority of us do have our bachelors degree. There are a good number that have a pharmacy background as techs, we have a few nurses I think, and a 4th year med student, but a good chuck of us (maybe 1/2) have no pharmacy experience at all.

That is my one concern-setting up my own clinicals (IPPE's or whatever)... What exactly do you have to do? Go into pharmacies and hospitals and ask if they will take you on as a student? I feel like anywhere I go I would be competing with other pharmacy students, and don't you have to have a preceptor at your site? Who is gonna want to do that for free? Does Creighton pay our clinical instructors through our rotations? Also, how many hours are you required to complete?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make the best decision for my family and I... I would love the flexibility of online learning, but I don't know about finding all my clinical sites!

Thanks for any responses!!

For those of u who scored interviews, how much time in advance were u invited? Should i still be hoping for a march interview...hope dies last:)

That is my one concern-setting up my own clinicals (IPPE's or whatever)... What exactly do you have to do? Go into pharmacies and hospitals and ask if they will take you on as a student? I feel like anywhere I go I would be competing with other pharmacy students, and don't you have to have a preceptor at your site? Who is gonna want to do that for free? Does Creighton pay our clinical instructors through our rotations? Also, how many hours are you required to complete?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make the best decision for my family and I... I would love the flexibility of online learning, but I don't know about finding all my clinical sites!

I am working as a tech in hospital setting. Right now we have 3 open positions for student pharmacists in their first year. Lots of pharmacists are actually preceptors. I might not be as hard as it seems..

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an invitation to interview for the distance option this past Sunday-very unexpected day... I chose the March 25th interview. My PharmCAS was submitted in November and the supplemental was submitted beginning of February, but they were waiting on my PCAT scores to post since I took it on January 7th.

I am working as a tech in hospital setting. Right now we have 3 open positions for student pharmacists in their first year. Lots of pharmacists are actually preceptors. I might not be as hard as it seems..

Might I ask where you are? And do the students "apply" for the rotation through the hospital? I have looked at the hospital I will be near and they only have one intern position specifically for a student in their pharmacy program...

Might I ask where you are? And do the students "apply" for the rotation through the hospital? I have looked at the hospital I will be near and they only have one intern position specifically for a student in their pharmacy program...
The students apply for the positions by themselves. We do not give preference to certain schools as far as i know. Also the hospital is relatively on the smaller size, only about 100 beds. So i assume that bigger hospitals will have even more positions open. Sorry for the late reply.

Candidates who applied closer to the march deadline hear anything yet?:)

Candidates who applied closer to the march deadline hear anything yet?:)
I submitted my application 2/12. The portal changed my application status to completed on 3/7. Heard nothing yet :(

Just got my letter today. I got wait listed. :(

Does anyone know how to find the facebook page for the distance class of 2018? I can't seem to find it. :(

Could someone who is attending the 3/25 distance program please take a head count. Thank you.

Last edited:
Could someone who is attending the 3/25 distance program please take a head count. Some of us are wait listed and would like to know. Thank you.
I would greatly appreciate this too please! :)

For those of u who scored interviews, how much time in advance were u invited? Should i still be hoping for a march interview...hope dies last:)
For my interview, I had 2 dates I could pick. One was that week and the other was a month away. I had to go to the one a month away just because it wasn't enough time for me to arrange travel plans and all that. I don't know how much warning other people got.

For my interview, I had 2 dates I could pick. One was that week and the other was a month away. I had to go to the one a month away just because it wasn't enough time for me to arrange travel plans and all that. I don't know how much warning other people got.
Thank you. I still did not hear anything. :( when was your interview? Are you also considering Lecom?

Thank you. I still did not hear anything. :( when was your interview? Are you also considering Lecom?
I interviewed back in February. I did turn stuff in for LECOM, but I'm not sure about it yet. I worry there would be a lot of kinks to work out the first few years.

For those who have been interview/accepted how long before a decision is known? Do they call, email or mail the decision? What is the deposit and what is the time frame to submit the deposit?
They told me two to four weeks, and the decision was made probably mid third week. I didn't receive it by mail (Oregon) until the end of the 5th week, but not sure of the reason for the delay.
(Potential coincidence: I received an email from Creighton's Financial Aid Office informing me that they were processing my aid award prior to receiving my acceptance packet, but again I don't know if that was an early tip or something they just send out pro forma.)

Deposit is $400, payable online through their student information system, and due within 30 days from the date on the admission letter. The letter will also include any incomplete pre-requisites, but you should have known about those at interview also.

I would assume waitlists and denials come by mail too, but don't know.

At least in Oregon, Precepting is one of those things that pharmacists can get added on to their license (no charge) and frequently will be willing to do - mainly because then they have fodder to push questions, counseling (when you get to IPPE2-APPE, etc.)... free labor, basically. You just have to be confident that you'll find something. Make a point to contact pharmacists early and build relationships, contact the pharmacy department at a hospital or health system, even your local drugstore. For IPPE-1 you've got four total visits, and they are one day each... when you get up to APPE, where you need multiple weeks, my understanding is that the OEE will help out.

Are most students who gets an interview invitation from "rural" areas?

Does the date or status on creighton portal changes after they review the application? My status has the date they received everything.. How do I know if they reviewed it yet or not? Thanks..

I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. There were only a few others (eight) at my interview, so I don't know if that's a good comparison. Only one I remember was from a rural area (though I'm sure I forgot where some people were from). Of the two students we met, one was from a rural area for sure.

Does the date or status on creighton portal changes after they review the application? My status has the date they received everything.. How do I know if they reviewed it yet or not? Thanks..
I didn't notice any change until I got asked for an interview. I got the e-mail the day after the portal told me I could schedule an interview (so I actually got the interview confirmation before the invitation e-mail, hehe).

Why is that? Creighton is a private, well-established school and I believe they wouldn't care where applicants are living.
I'm living in a big city and I got accepted!

I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. There were only a few others (eight) at my interview, so I don't know if that's a good comparison. Only one I remember was from a rural area (though I'm sure I forgot where some people were from). Of the two students we met, one was from a rural area for sure.
Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure if Creighton gives preference to applicants who don't live near big cities or schools of pharmacy.
Why is that? Creighton is a private, well-established school and I believe they wouldn't care where applicants are living.
I'm living in a big city and I got accepted!
Sorry, I should have clarified that the question pertains to the distance pathway.

My portal stilled showed an update date of 3/4. I guess that was when they processed my supplemental. If I don't hear anything by April 1, I will call admissions to get the status of my application. It would be nice to know if they will consider me for the last interview in April or not.

My portal stilled showed an update date of 3/4. I guess that was when they processed my supplemental. If I don't hear anything by April 1, I will call admissions to get the status of my application. It would be nice to know if they will consider me for the last interview in April or not.
My status was updated on 3/4 also, saying that they received everything. I submitted my supplemental and pharmcas a week before, so im guessing thats when they received my pharmcas.

Hi,

I have an upcoming interview in Creighton University ( campus pathway).
Anyone have any experience in interviews, plz help.
I really appreacitated :)
Enjoy ur spring break

They told me alternates aren't likely to hear back until the summer :( It seems like a lot of alternates (especially considering they interview so few people), but I'm not sure.

Aren't all applicants who interviewed but not accepted right away placed on the alternate list?

I don't think so. I know some people were rejected after they interviewed.

I don't think so. I know some people were rejected after they interviewed.
At least that makes me feel better about being an alternate.
I was wondering if maybe there seem to be a lot of alternates because they leave enough room so they COULD accept everyone in the last 2 interviews (which is unlikely).

Yes, don't feel too bad about being an alternate. :) Some of us are still hoping to get an invitation for the last interview date. :)

why is that?
I'm assuming because most people who interview with Creighton (at least for distance, I don't know about for campus) get in. At our interview they said they interview around 115 and end up taking 90 (because not everyone says yes). The class size is 75.
It is still stressful for everyone, whether it is the only school you have a hope for and you're not sure you're going to get in, or your have other options and are paying money you may never get back to other schools. It also sucks having no idea what you're going to be doing next year until the summer. I'm a planner (I would imagine a lot of pharmacy students are), and I hate being unsure. Additionally, some schools have events to help with bonding, so if you were accepted to another school you could be bonding with people who aren't going to end up being your classmates.
Of course the poster could be talking about something else, which I'd like to hear. :p