Creighton vs. Midwestern-CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h2oisgood4u

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to both Creighton and Midwestern-CCP. Yay! However, I am having a though time debating which school I should attend. I like Creighton University as a school. The facilities and people were really nice. However, Midwestern is close to chicago! And it seems like a really good school, as well. Ah!

Does anybody have suggestions on where I should go? Any feedback from current/past students of Creighton and Midwestern University-CCP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard creighton is a really good school, especially it's medical school. The fact that it has a medical school should make for a better pharmacy program---i'm not sure if midwestern has one or not.
CCP is also a good school, but I think Creighton is better.

Midwestern has CCOM which is a DO school. We take pharmacology with the med students...and usually do way better than them! I think both schools are very similar...small, private. Both have good reputations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted to both Creighton and Midwestern-CCP. Yay! However, I am having a though time debating which school I should attend. I like Creighton University as a school. The facilities and people were really nice. However, Midwestern is close to chicago! And it seems like a really good school, as well. Ah!

Does anybody have suggestions on where I should go? Any feedback from current/past students of Creighton and Midwestern University-CCP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
On the basis of cities, Chicago's best is a lot better than Omaha's best. Chicago's worst is more worse than Omaha's worst. I haven't been to Midwestern, so I really can't compare schools, but I like Creighton as a pharmacy school too. Hopefully, I'll get accepted.:)

I would go for creighton because the faculty really care about you and really want you to succeed. They'll never let you slip.

I would go for creighton because the faculty really care about you and really want you to succeed. They'll never let you slip.

That sounds exactly like the faculty at CCP too! Very few people don't make it through.

yeah but creighton is better. CCP is in a bad area and is way under developed. At Creighton, your getting top quality education.....wroth every penny

thanks for all the replies. yeah, this is a really tough decision! both schools are good! ekk!

good luck to the rest of you, as well. hopefully, we'll be classmates soon!

yeah but creighton is better. CCP is in a bad area and is way under developed. At Creighton, your getting top quality education.....wroth every penny

Midwestern CCP is not in a bad area! Underdeveloped??? It's in a very very nice suburb of Chicago. I grew up around that area.....
Also, I was impressed with how nice CCP's campus is when I went for my MCV last month. CCP is a great school. And as far as location, I say choose Midwestern!!!

Obviously you don't know much about MWU...we are located in the western suburbs of Chicago. If you cross the street you are in Oak Brook which has the one of the highest per capita incomes in the nation. There is plenty to do around there...malls, resturants, movies...not to mention Chicago which is a short drive down the expressway. Please don't give out information to people that is not true.

hi,

for those who got accepted to midwestern and creighton. can you please share your stats. pcat score and gpa or any other information that made you competitive in the application process.

Thanks

hi,

for those who got accepted to midwestern and creighton. can you please share your stats. pcat score and gpa or any other information that made you competitive in the application process.

Thanks

I haven't been accepted to Creighton (yet....;)), but their admissions crew said that they get about eight applications per seat while only interviewing two people per seat. Since I already interviewed there, I suppose my information is of some worth to you.

GPA: 3.485, 3.15ish science (but I'm in my fifth year of undergraduate work)
PCAT: 94
No direct pharmacy work experience, but I did mention the SDN forums and my career fairs in my interview. I volunteer in the hospital talking with patients
I have a research position at my school, so that creates extenuating circumstances for lack of pharmacy work experience.
Graduating with B.S in biochemistry come May
Three LORs when they only require two (I doubt that this matters, but every little bit helps)

I hear that Creighton has a fast turnaround in reviewing applications. I hope to update this post soon.:D

congrats on getting an interview at creighton..

how can a person be competitive when dont have good scores on pcat ...like say between 50s-60s range...

do pharm schools emphasize pcat scores more?

I was accepted to Creighton and can only speak as to what they can offer. Creighton is a really strong program and seems genuinely interested in the students and what they need. The facilities are awesome and Omaha is pretty nice. It may not be Chicago but it is plenty big for most college students. As a poster said before, Creighton has a great medical school so maybe that success helps the pharmacy school. Good luck with your decision!

hi,

Thanks

ok, so i have a horrible gpa, 2.9. but ,my composite pcat percentile was an 83. i think the fact that i went to a top-tier university slightly excused the lower gpa. anyway, i did a lot of stuff during my undergraduate career. i worked in a pharmacy for three years, did scientific research, was an officer for a pre-pharmacy club, and was a ta for an upper div class. i think that if you have a genuine passion for pharmacy, it will shine through your personal statement and interview. i guess this just shows that if you try hard, you can still get into pharmacy school when you're on the lower end of the stats spectrum. good luck to all of you who are still applying. you can do it!