Congratulations!saycheese said:woah. i just got accepted into creighton! Curious... they don't interview? ...(not that i'm complaining )
They sent me an email stating that I was accepted and to expect a package to arrive in about a week.utahdent123 said:Congratulations!
How were you notified of your acceptance...letter, email, AADSAS, etc? Thanks
Overall 3.58, Science 3.67 (though a 3.95 for 50 hours of post-bac work)berryfremont said:what were your stats...the people that got accepted
I got an acceptance this morning as well! I'm a non-traditional applicant, but here are my stats. Congrats and good luck everyone!berryfremont said:what were your stats...the people that got accepted
I am sending out my supplemental to creighton as well tom morning. Hey did you by anychance write more than a few sentences for those two questions ?rambo2006 said:I only recieved this thick but small envelope from Creighton that just has thier info in a brochure. I did apply pretty late, I submitted my supplemental app with the $45 just early this week. I hope that this late in the process my stats will help get me in!!!
good luck all and congrats!!!
Hey bpenly, congrats on your acceptance. I have an interview at Creighton today, any advise for me?bpenly said:So here is a lame question, but an important one. What is the parking situation at Creighton. Dr. Ayers told me that it improved from last year, but that it still pretty much sucked. What does this mean for parking time (i.e. to find a spot once at the school) and walking time to your car?
Other questions include:
1) Can you cover all the expenses with Federal (subsidized and unsubidized Stafford loans) or do you need private loans too?
2) What is the class schedule like? Do you get time off between some classes or is it 8-5, M-F?
3) Any major gripes?
4) Any new selling points (besides the well know clinical experience)?
I didn't get a good feel for Creighton during my visit because it was so short. I would really like to get a feel for the actual experience now that I have a choice to make.
My advice is to expect a real interview. I was asked to list weaknesses, describe undergraduate leadership activities, etc. Dr. Ayers was a nice guy, but he also means business.SirShagaLot said:Hey bpenly, congrats on your acceptance. I have an interview at Creighton today, any advise for me?
"I like your sleeves" N.D.
Agreed, I think where you went to school and what you majored in is factored into GPA, as it should be. And there is a lot more to that AADSAS app than just GPA and DAT scores, in my case I think the "other stuff" helped out.mochafreak said:I'm non-trad as well...my stats are at the bottom. However, one thing I've learned from this process is it's NOT all about the stats.
bpenly said:My advice is to expect a real interview. I was asked to list weaknesses, describe undergraduate leadership activities, etc. Dr. Ayers was a nice guy, but he also means business.
Here are the questions I brought, though I did not ask them all.
1. I have read your 29 competencies in the University Bulletin. These competencies appear to prepare students for solid GP work. Using the average graduate as a model, what is the upper limit of clinical procedures that are feasible without additional post-graduate work or GP residency (i.e. endodontics - molar, tortured canals, etc), periodontics (soft tissue grafts, etc.), oral surgery (implants)?
2. I read a report from 2001 commissioned by Nebraska Dental Work Force Commission in which you helped with preparation. It was indicated that a problem area for the State of Nebraska is the retention of graduates and furthermore, graduates that are willing to work in underserved areas of the state. Could you explain more about ways the school works with graduates to ensure that they can serve such communities while also being able to pay back the debt that is accumulated? Has this program been working?
3. Do you encourage students to enter a GPR if they do not wish to specialize?
4. Research is a part of your faculty requirements. How do you envision graduates of your program using their research experience upon graduation?
5. Please indicate the hours that class is held for each semester. Do students get a "study afternoon" or is the schedule 8-5, M-F?
6. Patient Resource Policy. It appears that Creighton has access to a large number of patients (66,000). Your policy states that "it is the responsibility of each student to make sure that he/she has a sufficient patient population pool to perform the patient care experences necessary to meet the applicable performance standards.
7. What are the requirements to attain competency.
8. It is well rumored that Creighton students obtain more clinical "hands-on" time than other programs due to lack of post-graduate work. Do you believe this makes Creighton graduates not only competent, but closer to proficient (compare to the 29 competencies)?
9. Do students really get a chance to perform advanced procedures (i.e. implants)? Would you say that students are competent to attempt these cases in private practice without specializing?
10. Books vs. DVD laptops. Do they expect to initiate this during the next four years?
11. Parking - Location, cost, availability. -- Crappy question. Ask a student.
12. To what degree are faculty members available for students and their questions?
13. In what ways does the school promote a sense of community?
14. Ask about Dr. Ayers history as a dentist.
- Why did he become a dentist
- W hy pediatric dentistry
- His recommendations going forward.
15. Ask about Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC) and Dental trips to Dominican Republic.
16. Ankyloglossia (tongue tied) and linguistics - Dr. Ayers Research Interests.
17.Field Experience Requirement - Indian Health Clinic or DR
18. When are acceptances mailed out?
2. Clinical experience
3. Why did they choose Creighton?
4. Study hours/classroom time.
5. Loan issues
I hope this helps a little.
I just wrote a few sentences in the space they gave. I thought about attaching a seperate sheet with a really polished answer, but then I thought that would make it more confusing and that a brief answer that is to the point is more convienant for me to write and them to read.Late Night said:I am sending out my supplemental to creighton as well tom morning. Hey did you by anychance write more than a few sentences for those two questions ?
I am debating if I should be writing long essays or not. I am thinking 1 paragraph is good enough ?