Criminal Background Check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A non mouse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I got s ticket for littering (flicked cigarette out of car, don't smoke anymore). I paid a fine and did community service, should I be worried about this showing up on my CBC?

Members don't see this ad.

Misdemeanors and felonies show up on the criminal background check. Regardless, I'm not sure if it will affect you all that much (during a trauma resuscitation, I throw a ton of stuff on the floor).

See this: http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/backgroundsearches.htm

Not all schools participate in this background check. Some have individual state checks, which is not as exhaustive as Certiphi. Other med schools work so heavily with VA hospitals, that they simply put all of their students through the federal employee background check, which is more in depth than Certiphi.

-admissions committee interviewer / senior medical student (7 hours to go!!)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a similar issue...buying underage alcohol

I know for me its not a criminal offence and is what sknown as a 'summary offence' which means its basically the same as getting a parking ticket or j-walking or something like that

I would think littering would be similar, just a summary offence, so nothing to worry about, but i dont know for sure

I had a similar issue...buying underage alcohol

I know for me its not a criminal offence and is what sknown as a 'summary offence' which means its basically the same as getting a parking ticket or j-walking or something like that

I would think littering would be similar, just a summary offence, so nothing to worry about, but i dont know for sure

Underaged alcohol doesn't taste as good, so you deserved the ticket. :p