Criminal record but has couple aces

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LIGHT561

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello sdn I have a serious question for you all today? Let me start by saying yes I have searched the fourm and I could not find my answer!

P.s. please please forgive me for using the urm term (just using the cards I've been dealt)I know it's a taboo I'm sorry again

I am a 22 year old black male with 3 burglary convinctions from when I was 15 (juvenile felonies). It has been 7 years sense then I have completed probation and have not been in trouble after that period. My GPA is a 3.7,3.8 science GPA at the moment and, I would also like to point out that my crimes will be expunged age 24 (I'd be ready to apply by age 25)I know it will still be viewable but at least it will help maybe.. no ?

My question I's even with the fact I have 3 juvenile felonies that will be 1) expunged before i apply and will be 10 years with a clean record

2)I am a urm (forgive me cards thing)

3) have and know I can mantain a 3.7 GPA/3.8 science gpa

Combined with some hours and a good Mcat
Do I have any chance let's be honest no sugar coating please and thank you guys .!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools ask about convictions (without regard to the outcome).
Even "expunged" and juvenile records will appear on background checks at government hospitals. If your record would preclude issuance of an identification card, you may not be a candidate for schools whose primary affiliation is such a hospital.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Many schools ask about convictions (without regard to the outcome).
Even "expunged" and juvenile records will appear on background checks at government hospitals. If your record would preclude issuance of an identification card, you may not be a candidate for schools whose primary affiliation is such a hospital.

Thank you replying halpy holidays by the way. How would I found if it would stop me from getting an identification card? Also what should I be doing now with what I got to work with?

Thank you replying halpy holidays by the way. How would I found if it would stop me from getting an identification card? Also what should I be doing now with what I got to work with?
If the school does not ask about charges and convictions in the secondary, the odds are they do not have such an affiliation.
Apply to those that don't ask.

If the school does not ask about charges and convictions in the secondary, the odds are they do not have such an affiliation.
Apply to those that don't ask.

Hmm so it would be a matter of making those school my top priory then I guess ?

Go through every single school thread on this site. They have the secondary prompt questions. Check them and see for yourself. Don't ask other people to do this for you. If you have a specific question about a specific prompt and what it means, thats a much more valid question to ask an ADCOM like gyngyn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think you could achieve the dream with a good MCAT score. Aren't juvenile records sealed at age 18? If not, this could be more complex, but you have a compelling story and I think some adcoms would be very receptive. I'm pretty sure that some med schools will accept a story of redemption, with a compelling application. Howard, Meharry, and Morehouse are good places to start, but that GPA puts you in contention anywhere in the country, including Harvard.

Ultimately, the idea of rehabilitation for high-risk juveniles is a cruel joke if someone like this applicant is barred from a medical license. He did everything right and he has a better GPA than the median MD matriculant.

Reactions: 1 users