Criminal Record

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOrtho09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend drove my car into a handicap parking spot and was given a ticket. Since it was my car the ticket is in my name. In TX parking in a handicap parking spot is a criminal violation so I'm wondering how this will effect my chances at medical school and residency. It was hard for me to believe that this would effect my criminal record but after searching the city website for hours and speaking to some lawyers I found out that it will in fact effect it. Any insight is welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Traffic tickets are ignored.

My friend drove my car into a handicap parking spot and was given a ticket. Since it was my car the ticket is in my name. In TX parking in a handicap parking spot is a criminal violation so I'm wondering how this will effect my chances at medical school and residency. It was hard for me to believe that this would effect my criminal record but after searching the city website for hours and speaking to some lawyers I found out that it will in fact effect it. Any insight is welcome!

Apparently, it's an actual criminal violation and not a traffic ticket in TX. Crazy state.

I think you should be completely honest and express remorse over what happened.

Members don't see this ad :)
Traffic tickets are ignored.
Speeding tickets included? And ignored? As in not even seen or as in not bearing in weight on the reviewer?

We don't even ask about speeding tickets in our apps! BTW "speeding tickets" are "traffic tickets"...as in, relating to vehicular operation. We don't care about your expired tags or broken tail lights either.

Speeding tickets included? And ignored? As in not even seen or as in not bearing in weight on the reviewer?

Apparently, it's an actual criminal violation and not a traffic ticket in TX. Crazy state.

I think you should be completely honest and express remorse over what happened.

If what OP says is true, it's going to be really hard to express genuine remorse lol...what can he even feel bad about, lending the car to his friend?

Unless you had a brick of heroin in the car I think you can chill.