Criminal record?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KMIMSM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I stayed at a hotel one day and found out my walet was gone. I remember I last had it when I was checking in. Thus made me suspect the front desk guy who was really young had it.
(I had an experience in the past where I left my walet at a Hawaiian BBQ restaurant, left, later called in to seee if it was there, the girl who works there said "no i don't see it", suspected she was lying, came back there, she saw me walking in, immediately pulled out my walet and said "we found your walet")
so I thought maybe this dude was also lying so I asked if I could go behind the counter and check the desk. He said No. I was worried because all my credit cards/ID/transportation ticket/theme park tickets were all in my walet. So i told him I'm going to stand here until he let me check.
He finally called the cops on me and they came and questioned us and eventually the cops siad nicely that the hotel won't allow me back. If I "step back in the office and he calls us, you will be arrested".

Question is, do I have some sort of criminal record with the law enforcement that needs to be reported to pharmacy school? I would think not because if he didn't call, I would've call the cops on them, only thing is I was the one being reported.

Members don't see this ad.

The cops were called and you were asked to leave the hotel. That does not mean you were convicted of a crime nor do you have a criminal record from that. You were not arrested, and even if the cop filed a report, it probably was in a temporary dig and now it's circular filed.

If you absolutely must know 100% unequivocally for sure, go to the county office and get a copy of your criminal history / background report. It'll list everything on there. But if I was in your place, I wouldn't report that. Seems like a non-starter to me, kinda like a speeding ticket. They don't care if you've had a few parking tickets, right? They sure won't care if you had the cops called on you. A copy of that record should cost $12 or $20, something along there.

To put it in another light, I've been in a car that was pulled over for running a stop sign. I was asked to step out of the vehicle along w/ the driver. Does that mean I'm a criminal and now need to report that to the BoP or schools? Nope.

I wouldn't worry about it.

when the cops came, they asked me for name and birthday and SS number and everything, wrote it down then went to their car. I don't konw if they entered it in the system or not. Also how would they know to "have me arrested if I ever step back there in the future". That would mean they have a record of me not being allowed to tresspass that business.

Members don't see this ad :)
And chances are, after they got back to the station to file their reports for the night, they tossed it. You weren't even detained by them, let alone arrested, their report would consist of a call to a place of business and a tresspass warning - HARDLY anything anyone will care about. And you didn't go back. I could see you being worried if then you walked back in and punched the clerk in the face, or something. But, you heeded the warning and left - Like I said, go to the county clerk office and get a report yourself and see what it says. Ten dollars gets 100 that nothing's on there.

when the cops came, they asked me for name and birthday and SS number and everything, wrote it down then went to their car. I don't konw if they entered it in the system or not. Also how would they know to "have me arrested if I ever step back there in the future". That would mean they have a record of me not being allowed to tresspass that business.

Just wanted to pipe in here as my mom does federal background investigations. If you weren't arrested than there was never a court case so it is very unlikely that you would have any record at the county court. In the majority of background checks they check for arrest records at local law enforcement agencies and for convictions in the county courts for counties in which you have lived, worked, or attended school Since your record is most likely no more than an "incident report" it may never come up in a background check at all. All the applications I've completed so far ask either if you've been convicted and some ask if you've been charged...Since neither apply to you I wouldn't list anything. Just be prepared to address the matter IN CASE it comes up later. Don't panic! Just calmly explain the police were summoned due to a misunderstanding that did not result in any arrests, charges, or convictions.

Since you never showed up court, your record should be clear.

Last edited:
They got your info to check the system for any wants/warrants you may have had. It's SOP for law enforcement, just on the off chance they are dealing with someone that requires more attention.

As for mentioning the incident, I wouldn't either. I wouldn't really go as far as getting a background from that county even. I can pretty well tell you any info that was collected was tossed since there wasn't an arrest or anything other than what happened. When I was a cop, I had to do many, many things like that and we never kept a record of all that little stuff.

If you never stepped in front of a judge like you said then you were never convicted of a crime.

So keep your mouth shut during the interview if asked about this.