kelvin

10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
If you have 2 misdemeanors on your record for bad checks for under $25 each, will you be able to still get license to practice pharmacy? I'm really nervous about this.

Jan 29, 2010
Status
we're not legal advisers here, just students trying to get into pharmacy school. perhaps you should ask someone who's practicing in law or call the state board of pharmacy.

Last edited:

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
That's a toughie. I agree with Ironman.

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pharmacist

Espada

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2008
Los Angeles
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I wouldn't rule it out as a negative until you get a definite answer from the Board of Pharmacy in your state.

Since they are the ones that issue pharmacy licenses, they're the ones that you should contact.

PharmOl

I do Math.
Oct 5, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
Status
Pharmacy Student
Some schools won't even accept students with this record. Not sure if the time that elapsed since then matters. Chances are, you won't get any assertive information out of us here.

By3Times1Minus1

7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2010
Austin, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
I've known pharmacists who got caught stealing scheduled pills or that were addicted to pain meds who lost their license and were able to get reinstated eventually. I'm not saying everyone that does this will get their license back, but just saying there's always a chance. I agree with everyone here, check with your state's pharmacy board and any schools you are applying to in order to find out their official stances on your situation.

Jul 27, 2009
Orlando
Status
Pharmacy Student
I don't know about your misdemeanors, but in many states you cannot become a licensed pharmacist with a felony.