Critique my upcoming pre-med schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

__AVI8R__

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you folks think about my pre-med plan for the coming years?
  • Fall 2017 (Current): Engineering courses
  • Winter 2018: Gen Chem 1 Self Study and Review
  • Spring 2018: Bio 1, Gen Chem 2, and required engineering courses
  • Summer 2018: Orgo prep and Gen Chem review
  • Fall 2018: Orgo 1, Bio 2, Bio Lab 1*, Microbio, and Socio
  • Winter 2019: Anatomy (Online from UNE)
  • Spring 2019: Orgo 2 + Lab**, Bio Lab 2, Biochem, and Immunology
  • Summer 2019: MCAT Prep
  • Early Fall 2019: MCAT Prep
  • Take MCAT before May for June application
Regarding Summer 2019, is 4 hard science courses (or even 3) overkill?

*Bio Lab 1 and 2 must be taken in sequence and Bio lab 1 is not offered in spring.
**My university only offers one semester of orgo lab. Potentially very problematic since some schools require 2 semesters of orgo lab (each being 1 credit hour). It is, however, a 2 credit lab course so it seems like two semester condensed into one.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First off one semester of two credits of Orgo lab is normal and all they’re looking for. Second the only thing that looks a little worrisome is spring 2019. Orgo 2 AND lab AND biochem AND immu is gonna be a lot to handle. Not sure if you can, but my advice would be to try to split them up a little.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll bump biochem to summer 2019.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think That’s a little better. Orgo 2 and immu shouldn’t be too bad Bc immu isn’t too difficult just a lot of memorization. Biochem and anatomy sounds doable if they’re not being taken at the same time.

Also take advantage of taking biochem while also prepping for the mcat. Get the biochem and Orgo down pat as mcat prep for the summer and you should be good to go. Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: 1 user
Also take advantage of taking biochem while also prepping for the mcat. Get the biochem and Orgo down pat as mcat prep for the summer and you should be good to go. Hope this makes sense.
Thanks. Sounds like a plan.