Have an upcoming interview and need a starting point for preparing.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samurai5511

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an in-person interview at ARCOM on October 13th and need some advice on how to prepare. Are there any materials I should read to be ready for ethical type questions or specific questions to prepare for? I am going to take time and do detailed research and talk to my friends who have had interviews but I would like to get some advice before I start this process.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an in-person interview at ARCOM on October 13th and need some advice on how to prepare. Are there any materials I should read to be ready for ethical type questions or specific questions to prepare for? I am going to take time and do detailed research and talk to my friends who have had interviews but I would like to get some advice before I start this process.
I interviewed and got accepted to ARCOM in August, I recommend going over your secondary application and be able to answer the generic interview questions (the SDN interview feedback for ARCOM has plenty of questions you can go over). Mine was really laid back and felt more like a convo then an interview. Do a couple of mock interviews with someone so that you are able to hear your responses. Bring alot of questions about the school itself and do as much research as you can about the school. Best of Luck! You will do great!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed and got accepted to ARCOM in August, I recommend going over your secondary application and be able to answer the generic interview questions (the SDN interview feedback for ARCOM has plenty of questions you can go over). Mine was really laid back and felt more like a convo then an interview. Do a couple of mock interviews with someone so that you are able to hear your responses. Bring alot of questions about the school itself and do as much research as you can about the school. Best of Luck! You will do great!
Sounds good! Hope to see you come Fall 2021 :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd suggest having a mock interview of some kind just to see how you flow with explaining basic questions about why you want to be physician, why medicine, etc. It will also give you an opportunity to look at anything you may do when you're nervous before your interview.

Check out the Interview Feedback section of SDN

Read this: