CRNA Group hiring MD/DO’s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Other things that may be relevant when analyzing medmal premiums:

-Solo CRNAs tend to practice in rural areas that are less Plaintiff friendly.
-Solo CRNAs tend to practice in cosmetic surgery practices, cataract factories, etc. Other types of cases that solo CRNAs do are PS 1 and 2s for bread and butter procedures. I.e., lower risk of a bad outcome.
-Surgeons that hire solo CRNAs often try to cherry pick CRNAs that they worked with in a hospital setting and have had a chance to observe their skills. I.e., they try to cherry pick from the right side of the CRNA skill curve.
When the ASA 1-2 dies in a surgicenter it is a BIG deal. I’ve seen plenty of substandard care in the hospital but the patient was ESRD, vasculopath ect. That stuff is easily ignored/covered up…..

Members don't see this ad.

You keep saying this yet you won't show a single example of it. Show us an instance where a supervising anesthesiologist was let off the hook for the actions of a nurse anesthetist.
Other things that may be relevant when analyzing medmal premiums:

-Solo CRNAs tend to practice in rural areas that are less Plaintiff friendly.
-Solo CRNAs tend to practice in cosmetic surgery practices, cataract factories, etc. Other types of cases that solo CRNAs do are PS 1 and 2s for bread and butter procedures. I.e., lower risk of a bad outcome.
-Surgeons that hire solo CRNAs often try to cherry pick CRNAs that they worked with in a hospital setting and have had a chance to observe their skills. I.e., they try to cherry pick from the right side of the CRNA skill curve.
You must not have been exposed to rural populations. In my location, the majority are PS 3.5s. Anything short of life vests and active LVADs are routine patients. Even unstable angina is not uncommon here.

Reactions: 1 user
You must not have been exposed to rural populations. In my location, the majority are PS 3.5s. Anything short of life vests and active LVADs are routine patients. Even unstable angina is not uncommon here.
I didn't say that rural populations were healthier. Just that rural areas are less plaintiff friendly.

Reactions: 1 user
I only mentioned the PS of the patients I take care of because you mentioned/implied CRNAs in rural areas only take care of 1s and 2s, which I disagree with.