CRNA week!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GaseousClay

:)
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
B1B6C708-47BF-47BB-BD6F-02F96F97BE49.jpeg

The OG’s !

Members don't see this ad.

Even something basic like this the AANA just has to misrepresent their history.

The first anesthesia providers were medical students and untrained nurses.

Perhaps they are alluding that they are untrained nurses?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Even something basic like this the AANA just has to misrepresent their history.

The first anesthesia providers were medical students and untrained nurses.

Perhaps they are alluding that they are untrained nurses?

They are the rightful inheritors of the field pioneered by Alice Magaw who was trained by the brothers Mayo. We are interlopers who became interested only because of the financial opportunities present. I have actually heard a CRNA training program director spout this.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are the rightful inheritors of the field pioneered by Alice Magaw who was trained by the brothers Mayo. We are interlopers who became interested only because of the financial opportunities present. I have actually heard a CRNA training program director spout this.

I don't know who any of these people are and don't care.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I don't know who any of these people are and don't care.

I believe the brothers Mayo invented Duke's, a renowned brand of mayonnaise from the south known for its rich flavor secondary to the use of only egg yolks instead of whole eggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I believe the brothers Mayo invented Duke's, a renowned brand of mayonnaise from the south known for its rich flavor secondary to the use of only egg yolks instead of whole eggs.
It's the only Mayo worth using.

I beg to differ.

Color me intrigued! Duke's is the best I've ever had. Would love to try this.

What's the difference between the Japanese and USA one?

Reactions: 1 user

Only egg yolks like Duke’s. But also uses a different blend of vinegars and has MSG plus a bit of sugar. It’s good, just different.

One might think she invented the endotracheal tube or temperature-compensated vaporizers or some other game-changing development as much lip service as they give her.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Very rich and mayonnaise-y. If you like mayonnaise, you’ll like kewpie.

Kewpie doesn't have as much bite as western mayonnaises. It's smoother and rich. Think sushi mayo

I am from Ohio! But I never had Kewpie mayo until I moved to CA where they sell it in Asian groceries.

Why is Dave Thomas a thief? I love Wendy’s.
There’s a few kewpie restaurants in Ohio and Michigan where Dave Thomas was from and they are curiously similar to Wendy’s (square burgers, frosties, etc). So it’s a theory that Dave Thomas ripped them off but maybe just that they were the inspiration: How Kewpee Burger Became The Inspiration For Wendy's Hamburgers - Mashed

Kewpie doesn't have as much bite as western mayonnaises. It's smoother and rich. Think sushi mayo
It's novelty mayo...first bottle is usually the last. Best Foods out of the 5 gallon bucket from Costco...never worry about running out...

It's novelty mayo...first bottle is usually the last. Best Foods out of the 5 gallon bucket from Costco...never worry about running out...
Disagree, use it in a lot of Japanese/Korean styled dishes we eat for dinner. Sushi, poke, karage, etc. Much nicer than the tangy western mayo for those

Last edited:
Disagree, use it in a lot of Japanese/Korean styled dishes we eat for dinner. Sushi, poke, karage, etc. Much nicer than the tangy western mayo for those
Just being cheeky...it's just too sweet for me. Also mayo on sushi just seems wrong....

Just being cheeky...it's just too sweet for me. Also mayo on sushi just seems wrong....
If your a real sushi lover, you just use a small amount of high quality soy sauce or nothing at all.

Reactions: 1 users
If your a real sushi lover, you just use a small amount of high quality soy sauce or nothing at all.
I've never been to Japan but in talking with military members that had been stationed there, sushi is the Japanese equivalent of Tex-Mex. So might as well just throw some miracle whip, Doritos, or hot sauce on it.

• Haha
This might be the fastest and sharpest "thread veers away from original post" in the history of this forum.
There’s a sort of unwritten rule on here that if any thread carries on long enough it eventually devolves into something heated like CRNA encroachment or politics. Since this thread actually started with the former, it’s working in reverse, becoming less heated and more plain/boring ie mayonnaise.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
There’s a sort of unwritten rule on here that if any thread carries on long enough it eventually devolves into something heated like CRNA encroachment or politics. Since this thread actually started with the former, it’s working in reverse, becoming less heated and more plain/boring ie mayonnaise.
Great.. can we get back to sushi now?

Eh, maybe not, but I’d argue it’s the “gateway drug” for sushi
Maybe to people on the mainland. In high school, my parents wouldn't let me eat sushi in restaurants, so even though I grew up on Maui, I hadn't tried sushi because they got me terrified I'd get parasites (I don't understand their reasoning, they also told me I don't like lamb or curry, I love both, they don't like those). My gateway was spam musubi because that was at every potluck.

My friends caught ahi one day when we were at the beach and they had gone fishing, so we had fresh sashimi. Now I don't trust most sushi outside of places close to the ocean because I'm spoiled, but i can tell you Sushi Paradise is my favorite place to get sushi on Maui. It's in Kihei.

I make sushi burritos. I pile everything into a square of Nori and then wrap it burrito style. It's called cultural appreciation.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone make their own mayo? I did it once, but the whole reality of raw egg yolk is jarring. I’d rather just buy mayo and live in blissful ignorance about what’s in it.

Anyone make their own mayo? I did it once, but the whole reality of raw egg yolk is jarring. I’d rather just buy mayo and live in blissful ignorance about what’s in it.
Tried it once:

I make sushi burritos. I pile everything into a square of Nori and then wrap it burrito style. It's called cultural appreciation.
A restaurant in Albuquerque made sushi rolls, sushi burritos, and poke bowls. It was basically the Chipotle of sushi. They made the roll, burrito, or bowl as you went down the line. Sushi Freak

• Care
Maybe to people on the mainland. In high school, my parents wouldn't let me eat sushi in restaurants, so even though I grew up on Maui, I hadn't tried sushi because they got me terrified I'd get parasites (I don't understand their reasoning, they also told me I don't like lamb or curry, I love both, they don't like those). My gateway was spam musubi because that was at every potluck.

My friends caught ahi one day when we were at the beach and they had gone fishing, so we had fresh sashimi. Now I don't trust most sushi outside of places close to the ocean because I'm spoiled, but i can tell you Sushi Paradise is my favorite place to get sushi on Maui. It's in Kihei.
Lol that reminds of the time my uncle and his friends caught a big ahi and carved me up a slice, fresh from the table. As a picky little 12 year old, I could not choke it down.

Lol that reminds of the time my uncle and his friends caught a big ahi and carved me up a slice, fresh from the table. As a picky little 12 year old, I could not choke it down.
I didn't eat real sushi until I was a senior in high school. Then it was made by my friends or teachers and brought to school for class potlucks or at friends' houses. Public school in Hawai'i was fun. I wouldn't've eaten raw ahi at 12 either. I barely tried lomi lomi salmon. (I moved to Maui at 12 from California.)

A family friend owns a popular restaurant on Front Steet in Lahaina, so when they heard we were going one night, they had the chef treat us nice, so they sent complimentary sashimi. My parents wouldn't eat it, so I got it all.