Crocs in clinic-yes or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

should crocs be worn in clinic?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

littleteeth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honest question, my feet are killing me

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. At least until everyone hates them again

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have feet issues, particularly plantar fasciitis. Eventually I bought Dansko's. A lot of the surgeons and surgical techs wore them, so I decided to get them myself. Haven't had any issues ever since I bought them. They are not at all remotely stylish, in my opinion, but they work fine for me in the OR. I would highly recommend them if you stand a lot.

The only issues I've had with them (more so when I was new to wearing them, but still happens occasionally) is I don't have any ankle support, and with the way the shoes are, I roll my ankles a lot, particularly going down stairs. I've known a few people who liked the shoes but stopped wearing them because of ankle issues. Also, I cannot run to save my life in them. I look like an utter doofus running down the hall to respond to a crash C-section: they make lots of noise, but I'm not going anywhere quick. Thankfully I don't work on the OB ward anymore, and I don't have any issues with them in the hallways if I need to power walk.

If you want something that will eliminate your pain, and you absolutely do not care about looks, Dansko's are a good option.

Reactions: 1 user
I have feet issues, particularly plantar fasciitis. Eventually I bought Dansko's. A lot of the surgeons and surgical techs wore them, so I decided to get them myself. Haven't had any issues ever since I bought them. They are not at all remotely stylish, in my opinion, but they work fine for me in the OR. I would highly recommend them if you stand a lot.

The only issues I've had with them (more so when I was new to wearing them, but still happens occasionally) is I don't have any ankle support, and with the way the shoes are, I roll my ankles a lot, particularly going down stairs. I've known a few people who liked the shoes but stopped wearing them because of ankle issues. Also, I cannot run to save my life in them. I look like an utter doofus running down the hall to respond to a crash C-section: they make lots of noise, but I'm not going anywhere quick. Thankfully I don't work on the OB ward anymore, and I don't have any issues with them in the hallways if I need to power walk.

If you want something that will eliminate your pain, and you absolutely do not care about looks, Dansko's are a good option.
Definitely rid me of back and foot pains standing all day. And Danskos give me another 2-3” 💪

Reactions: 1 users
And Danskos give me another 2-3” 💪
Yeah I was debating if I should bring up the height boosting effects of these shoes.

big raphael guerreiro GIF by Borussia Dortmund

What type ?

What type ?
Honestly I don't remember. I didn't research the different types available before I bought them. I just went to the nearest place that sold scrubs, shoes for healthcare types, type of place, and told them I wanted Dansko's. They talked to me about two different types, of which I cannot remember, and they helped me try both kinds on. They asked me of course what kind of setting I was going to be in and they went from there. I bought the ones that I felt were more suitable to my needs. I've worn the same pair over three years now. If you go to a store that sells that kind of stuff, I think the people there will know which kind will be better for you.

Tomorrow morning I will go to my locker room at work, I know I have the shoe box that the shoes came in still in my locker, and I'll see what I have and let you know.

@Faefly, the ones I wear are the Dansko XP 2.0, cost me 150 USD. Not sure if there is anything newer, but then again, I'm fine with what I have now and do not feel the need to upgrade.

Another thing I didn't mention is that because of their looks, I utterly do not care if they get dirty or not. If it was something nicer looking, I would, but I can wear them stress-free because I don't care what splashes of body fluids I get on them. It's like having a nice car. Now that I have one, I'm super careful where I park and am paranoid about it when I leave it in public, but if I still drove a crappy car (with strong reliable internals like the engine, transmission, suspension, and so on) I wouldn't care where I parked it, or who door-dinged it; that crappy car is not a looker, but it's reliable and I wouldn't care if it didn't look like its best all the time. If that makes sense.

Reactions: 1 users
@Faefly, the ones I wear are the Dansko XP 2.0, cost me 150 USD. Not sure if there is anything newer, but then again, I'm fine with what I have now and do not feel the need to upgrade.

Another thing I didn't mention is that because of their looks, I utterly do not care if they get dirty or not. If it was something nicer looking, I would, but I can wear them stress-free because I don't care what splashes of body fluids I get on them. It's like having a nice car. Now that I have one, I'm super careful where I park and am paranoid about it when I leave it in public, but if I still drove a crappy car (with strong reliable internals like the engine, transmission, suspension, and so on) I wouldn't care where I parked it, or who door-dinged it; that crappy car is not a looker, but it's reliable and I wouldn't care if it didn't look like its best all the time. If that makes sense.
thanks a lot! I will look into them!