Crushes along the interview trail!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought it was a funny situation!

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone truly believe that selection committees have either the time or interest to meander the sometimes hateful, often lame, and always dorky forums on this site? must of us do it because we are ms4's. some do it because they have personality disorders. i think it's safe to say that most members of selection committees fall into neither category.

does anyone truly believe that selection committees have either the time or interest to meander the sometimes hateful, often lame, and always dorky forums on this site? must of us do it because we are ms4's. some do it because they have personality disorders. i think it's safe to say that most members of selection committees fall into neither category.

HAHA
Really? You think all of a sudden these nerdy dorky socially awkward people somehow became "normal" when they became attendings and then members of the selection committee?? :laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview trail romances are awesome. I met a girl and we ended up going on vacation together at the end of 4th year. It was one great week to remember heheh. We haven't talked since intern year though...oh well.

Wow, way to stereotype.

I would bet that most relatively young computer-literate people in the medical community know about this forum and lurk here at least once in a while, if they dont post. Maybe not for a social life, but for advice, bouncing sensitive issues around for input in an anonymous way, and just getting opinions from peers or people who have already been through the process.

I wouldn't put it past selection committees to peruse the forums during key times of the year. If it's not an official representative, the medical community is amazingly small and word gets around fast. Dont delude yourself. I've seen it happen (in connection with SDN).

Wow, way to stereotype.

I would bet that most relatively young computer-literate people in the medical community know about this forum and lurk here at least once in a while, if they dont post. Maybe not for a social life, but for advice, bouncing sensitive issues around for input in an anonymous way, and just getting opinions from peers or people who have already been through the process.

I wouldn't put it past selection committees to peruse the forums during key times of the year. If it's not an official representative, the medical community is amazingly small and word gets around fast. Dont delude yourself. I've seen it happen (in connection with SDN).

Yup. As evidence I grant you the Vandy, Sandford, and Metrohealth threads.

Not to mention the nice threads started by a few residents at Cornell and MSSM