shtumpa

Juggler
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2013
north of Tennessee
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just an FYI regarding the patient note format (I wasn’t sure about this going into exam):

The Step 2 CS PDF has two examples of the note format. The first looks like a normal patient note. The second is not only in bullet point format, but also differs in that it isn’t really a complete note at all, it omits family history, social history, a separate ROS section etc...

I used the second template and passed pretty comfortably. I know it’s just an anecdote, but that’s all we have for this exam. So if your typing skills are less than stellar and u struggle with time on note, probably good idea. Maybe. Just leave out the multivitamin lol. My physical exam also looked like this without separate subheadings.

A6EF1152-471B-4DE8-B32D-F8DC0B67BC1D.png

(I failed first attempt when I typed out the complete note - ”Allergies: NKMA...SH: Married with two children...” basically just typing out note as if I was on wards - but most people do type full notes and pass (I think), it can’t hurt you obviously. But with my below average typing speed I found that I was rushing when entering supporting evidence, making dumb mistakes, running out of time to double check most important elements of note. Also forgot Workup section for a bunch of cases)

shtumpa

Juggler
5+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2013
north of Tennessee
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Maybe this is obvious (the prompt says only include pertinent positive/negative info) but I know I wasn’t sure and was quite nervous about it. So maybe it will help someone. Stranger things have happened.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.