CS and Draping

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Subaru

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Searched on multiple forums with only a small thread here and there touching on the topic of predraped SPs and if we are getting screwed on draping points...don't want to be captain obvious and say "thanks for draping mam" or something similarly *****ic. Really hate how much this subjective exam head trips one....felt great leaving the exam and then a few hours later + internet blogs and threads have be freaking the hell out :eek:

Anyways, anybody else have SPs who already were on the exam table with the drape across their laps? It was not unfolded completely but would be down to their midcalf or at least just past the knees depending on their heighth. I mentioned something on the first case and then after that just kind of forgot about it and accepted it as the norm...just hoping I don't lose points...and interested what others have experienced. This was at the Houston center and I almost wonder if the SPs were not wanting to refold the drape after each time and instead took manners into their own hands. For all abdominal exams I would adjust it a bit for them and make sure they were covered, but I probably only did 5-6 abdominal exams and the rest of the exams I never had to fool with it.

So now of course I am in that crappy I failed feeling that will only get better as I forget about the entire ordeal and then get worse the week my scores get reported in October...oh the agony :laugh:

Anybody else experience this?

TL;DR Neurotic CS s/p 1 week syndrome. My patients were already draped or at least had the thing across their lap, anybody else experience this and are we screwed on getting draping points?

Members don't see this ad.

All the patients in my exam already had the drape on their lap, i was told the only time I would have to drape is the first patient, because after that they'd already have the drape on, but they already had it on whenever I walked in. Untying the gown and retying it was a pain though, surprising how much time something so simple can take when you're nervous...

All the patients in my exam already had the drape on their lap, i was told the only time I would have to drape is the first patient, because after that they'd already have the drape on, but they already had it on whenever I walked in. Untying the gown and retying it was a pain though, surprising how much time something so simple can take when you're nervous...

Perhaps this draping is more prevalent now. I always retied their gown back up as well, though I often only untied the top part and yep that did make my PE that much more difficult to perform...