CS Major: Minor a good idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmission

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
snipped

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your major doesn't matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your minor matters even less.

You don't get a minor to impress medical schools. You get a minor to learn more about a certain subject that you like.

Med schools won't care and probably won't even notice that you have a bioinformatics minor. If they do, it certainly won't send your app soaring to the top of the pile.

Med schools won't care and probably won't even notice that you have a bioinformatics minor. If they do, it certainly won't send your app soaring to the top of the pile.

Thanks for the reply. I agree somewhat, but it just seems to me like it'd be a bit of a plus. Seems like that's a booming area in biology lately, wouldn't that make a more appealing candidate?

I would say only get the minor if your already going to take the classes anyway. (The caveat being, if it only comes down to 1 extra class you wouldn't have taken, it might be worth it for the minor, anymore than that would probably be a waste)

As an aside, as a CS major everyone is going to assume you dont know anything about people, so take some psych/sociology to make yourself look more rounded.