You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CSU c/o 2018 applicants
Started by kenggy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I mainly emphasized how being a non-traditional applicant has strengthened aspects of my application that may have been lacking otherwise, and cited a few key circumstances in which that was evident I thought the supplemental was pretty easy - and then I finally sat down to write down my answers to those questions. It took me quite some time to figure out what I was going to write, especially because I sought to vary it from my personal statement as well.
Looks like they've received everything from me except for my official GRE scores. All of this is feeling pretty surreal!
Looks like they've received everything from me except for my official GRE scores. All of this is feeling pretty surreal!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS - everything is OOS for me!! I love NJ, but I really hate the lack of options we have. How about you?
Hi hopefuls,
I found it quite difficult to summarize my multi-cultural experiences, how they will contribute to the profession, what my unique qualities are, and how these will make me a better veterinarian in 100 words.
For my next trick, I will summarize War & Peace in an interpretative dance.
I am also a non-traditional applicant but I think they are so many of us now, we need a new word for it.
Everyone turn their applications in?
I found it quite difficult to summarize my multi-cultural experiences, how they will contribute to the profession, what my unique qualities are, and how these will make me a better veterinarian in 100 words.
For my next trick, I will summarize War & Peace in an interpretative dance.
I am also a non-traditional applicant but I think they are so many of us now, we need a new word for it.
Everyone turn their applications in?
I'm OOS as well, haven't turned in my CSU supplemental, it's my last one! We should totally brainstorm another word for non-trad Vaca.
I used my military brat/wife status to cover my multi-cultural experiences. So now I'm stuck on the what experiences make you stand out. Well I already said that in my personal statement and multi cultural statement.
I used my military brat/wife status to cover my multi-cultural experiences. So now I'm stuck on the what experiences make you stand out. Well I already said that in my personal statement and multi cultural statement.
Anyone still have things in their "receipt of materials" section not received? It shows that they have everything but my GRE scores.. I'm debating on whether or not to send them again. (I've already left a message with the school but I'm worried that they may be too busy to reply before I would need to re-send).
Anyone still have things in their "receipt of materials" section not received? It shows that they have everything but my GRE scores.. I'm debating on whether or not to send them again. (I've already left a message with the school but I'm worried that they may be too busy to reply before I would need to re-send).
I have the same concern - they have all marked as received except for official GRE schools. Good to know we're in the same boat! I'll shoot them an email too, but hopefully they already have ours.

I have the same concern - they have all marked as received except for official GRE schools. Good to know we're in the same boat! I'll shoot them an email too, but hopefully they already have ours.![]()
Sounds good. I will let you know if I hear from them!
I have the same concern - they have all marked as received except for official GRE schools. Good to know we're in the same boat! I'll shoot them an email too, but hopefully they already have ours.![]()
I have the same problem... The portal says that they are having some technical difficulties, so I'm sure they just haven't gotten around to updating the scores or something
Alright, so I didn't get an email response and instead called them. Janet said that they are getting bombarded with stuff right now and haven't gotten around to entering everything. As long as we submitted the GRE request for the scores to be sent before Oct. 2nd, we should be fine. She also mentioned that we shouldn't expect everything to be entered in if it has been less than a week since submitting.. I submitted mine last Friday so yea.. It just threw me off that everything else was entered immediately. She also mentioned that the scores aren't due until Nov. 30th, so I'm thinking that means that if there were glitches, we may have time to correct them?.. I don't know.
My official GRE scores were updated in the portal this morning. I'm assuming the same may be the case across the board - no need to fret!!
My official GRE scores were updated in the portal this morning. I'm assuming the same may be the case across the board - no need to fret!!
hmmm... mine still aren't updated and I had them sent on 9/11. Maybe they're still backed up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my scores months ago but my supplemental/VMCAS apps a week or two ago and mine just got updated today!! Now I need a new excuse for constantly checking the webportal lol...
YES my GRE scores are finally marked as received! 🙂
I'm sure most people saw this, but for anyone who doesn't have their official GRE scores marked as received, the portal says to have them resent to CSU if they are not marked as received by Oct. 15.



CSU: "The evaluation process will not involve interviews for CO, NS, or WICHE candidates for the class matriculating fall 2014."
Am I the only one who didn't know?
Where did you find that? I didn't know, I'm a WICHE applicant.
http://csu-cvmbs.colostate.edu/dvm-...ding-the-dvm-entrance-evaluation-process.aspx
I thought CSU doesn't do interviews for anyone...?
I thought CSU doesn't do interviews for anyone...?
That's right. No interviews at all which is how they can send out their rejections and acceptances by late December. Efficient but a sad Christmas for some of us.
Just an update, CSU didn't receive my GRE scores and I set two sets from two different tests, one in January and one in February. I emailed Janet and she said they don't need them until November 30th and to resend them. Has anyone tried contacting ETS and seeing if they will resend for free, I don't want to pay $25 for something that should've been down right the first (or second) time.
No hurt in trying 🙂 Good luck!
Just an update, CSU didn't receive my GRE scores and I set two sets from two different tests, one in January and one in February. I emailed Janet and she said they don't need them until November 30th and to resend them. Has anyone tried contacting ETS and seeing if they will resend for free, I don't want to pay $25 for something that should've been down right the first (or second) time.
i had that issue last year. unfortunately ets didn't give in. i hope you have better luck!!
It looks like they've added tuition classification and started posting early decisions! My nails are going to be bitten down to nothing before all of this is over.
I don't have this problem: I don't have any nails left from last year.
Hey so when I click on my current admissions status my admissions portal says:
"Your application evaluation is pending in the regular admissions process at this time.
The Admissions Committee plans to start evaluating applications in the regular pool in early November. We hope to notify Nonsponsored and Colorado candidates of the outcome of evaluations by late December. WICHE candidates will be notified in mid-January. Please check the DVM Admissions Portal regularly for updates. If you also applied for consideration in the Food Animal Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), your FAVCIP essay and credentials will be evaluated in parallel with the regular admissions process."
Question:
Does this mean I have survived the early denies(I have a cum gpa of 3.27), and that I've moved out of Phase two and am pending evaluation in stage three (which starts in early nov)?
OR
am I just wishful thinking, and when they say "regular admissions process" they just mean they have only denied people with incomplete applications so far (the stage one peeps)......
"Your application evaluation is pending in the regular admissions process at this time.
The Admissions Committee plans to start evaluating applications in the regular pool in early November. We hope to notify Nonsponsored and Colorado candidates of the outcome of evaluations by late December. WICHE candidates will be notified in mid-January. Please check the DVM Admissions Portal regularly for updates. If you also applied for consideration in the Food Animal Career Incentive Program (FAVCIP), your FAVCIP essay and credentials will be evaluated in parallel with the regular admissions process."
Question:
Does this mean I have survived the early denies(I have a cum gpa of 3.27), and that I've moved out of Phase two and am pending evaluation in stage three (which starts in early nov)?
OR
am I just wishful thinking, and when they say "regular admissions process" they just mean they have only denied people with incomplete applications so far (the stage one peeps)......
Last edited:
.... which if you are on this forum regularly, means your probably on top of your stuff, so I am posting this for nothing lol
Anyway this is what I was referring to in my above post from Colorado's website:
Phase Two = Combined Program candidate selection; Identification and notification of Early Denies
Date: Mid-October to Mid-November
"Identification and Notification of Early Denies:
Colorado, WICHE, and Nonsponsored applicants who have a
cumulative GPA of 3.2 or less will be read during Phase Two. Some of these candidates will be returned to the
regular pool for review (Phase Three); some will be denied and will receive a deny email and a portal notification at
the conclusion of this process."
Anyway this is what I was referring to in my above post from Colorado's website:
Phase Two = Combined Program candidate selection; Identification and notification of Early Denies
Date: Mid-October to Mid-November
"Identification and Notification of Early Denies:
Colorado, WICHE, and Nonsponsored applicants who have a
cumulative GPA of 3.2 or less will be read during Phase Two. Some of these candidates will be returned to the
regular pool for review (Phase Three); some will be denied and will receive a deny email and a portal notification at
the conclusion of this process."
The way I interpret it, they've already made any decisions for GPA's under a certain point and moved on to the next phase. This is almost solely based on the announcement on the home page of the portal, which states, "Early academic review decisions and also early combined program decisions have been posted."
I may be wrong, but that's how I read into it.
I may be wrong, but that's how I read into it.
Anyone else actually terrified about the fact that CSU doesn't interview? It's nice that they notify us pretty early, but I'm a little anxious that I don't get to prove myself in person!
I agree! No one can put their entire personality on paper!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish they interviewed because it would be a quick drive for me. lol. I'm In-State and waiting with bated breath.
Just checked the portal. They'll let Colorado, Non-sponsored, and highly-ranked WICHE applicants know late Dec, ~ Dec 23rd.
I've been scared to check the portal. Good to know that we'll know here soon.
Notice on the portal! We should be hearing back on the 23rd (approximately)!
That's what I like to hear! An exact date lol Now I don't have to check the portal daily.Notice on the portal! We should be hearing back on the 23rd (approximately)!
If I recall correctly, I think decisions went out Dec. 14 last year (the equivalent of tomorrow -- FRIDAY THE 13Am I the only one who still checks the portal every couple of days, despite the notice that decisions will be posted on the 23rd?
Every couple of days? I check it twice a day! 🙂Am I the only one who still checks the portal every couple of days, despite the notice that decisions will be posted on the 23rd?
And here I thought I was paranoid checking so often! Paranoid, but not alone haha..Every couple of days? I check it twice a day! 🙂
I've made checking all my portals into a ritual: first thing in the morning (because obviously admissions is working tirelessly throughout the night), if I can during the course of the day, and again in the evening (admittedly probably more than once...). You're certainly not alone.
How does that song go? Anticipation...anticipa-yay-tion, it's making me wait....
How does that song go? Anticipation...anticipa-yay-tion, it's making me wait....
Maybe they're just covering their butts just in case they don't get them done at the same time they normally do.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or they could be behind in the application process because of the flooding. I know it took them a long time to update that they actually received my materials.
A reliable source told me last week that the admissions committee had to hand in their final decisions by yesterday (Friday, December 13th). It will probably take them about a week to sort that information out and get it organized and ready to send out. I am anticipating they will be posted the afternoon of this coming Friday, December 20th. Finals are gonna be hard this week!!
A reliable source told me last week that the admissions committee had to hand in their final decisions by yesterday (Friday, December 13th). It will probably take them about a week to sort that information out and get it organized and ready to send out. I am anticipating they will be posted the afternoon of this coming Friday, December 20th. Finals are gonna be hard this week!!
That's so exciting to hear! Thanks for letting us know! 😀