-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CSU c/o 2018 applicants
Started by kenggy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
https://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/pvmapp/portalLogin.cfmCould someone possibly provide a link to the admissions portal? I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No problemo! At this point I should be able to remember it from memory >.<
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and i was hoping that others who applied to csu could share their stats? I'm curious about whether I actually stand a chance lol
If I post my statistics and CSU let's me in, it will only prove that the admission board has a sense of humor.
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and i was hoping that others who applied to csu could share their stats? I'm curious about whether I actually stand a chance lol
🙂 Haha. Didn't you ask this in the Davis thread too? I don't think you should compare yourself to others; you'll just make yourself more worried. Just wait and see when the schools get back to you (Colorado... hopefully Fri or Mon). At this point, there's nothing really more you can do for this cycle. If you want, you can look at previous years's (years'? year's?) acceptance stats.
I agree. Even looking at the acceptance stats from previous years makes me anxious 😛 Hopefully we find out Friday!
There's also a chance we could find out tomorrow! The past two years they have sent out notifications the last day of finals (this year it's the 19th).
So today I was in the car and saw that the car in front of me had the license plate #CSU### (CA license plate). I was like ERMAHGERD THIS IS A SIGN!! My mom just rolled her eyes. I was just like, *twitchy eye* 😵
So today I was in the car and saw that the car in front of me had the license plate #CSU### (CA license plate). I was like ERMAHGERD THIS IS A SIGN!! My mom just rolled her eyes. I was just like, *twitchy eye* 😵
🙂 Haha. Didn't you ask this in the Davis thread too? I don't think you should compare yourself to others; you'll just make yourself more worried. Just wait and see when the schools get back to you (Colorado... hopefully Fri or Mon). At this point, there's nothing really more you can do for this cycle. If you want, you can look at previous years's (years'? year's?) acceptance stats.
* years's's
what do you mean by the last day of finals? the last day of CSU's finals for the vet school/undergrad?
what do you mean by the last day of finals? the last day of CSU's finals for the vet school/undergrad?
Undergrad.
There's also a chance we could find out tomorrow! The past two years they have sent out notifications the last day of finals (this year it's the 19th).
So today I was in the car and saw that the car in front of me had the license plate #CSU### (CA license plate). I was like ERMAHGERD THIS IS A SIGN!! My mom just rolled her eyes. I was just like, *twitchy eye* 😵
Relevant and hopefully providing comedic relief:

It's true, CSU has a page with admissions statistics. It's terrifying. But the average isn't really indicative of who will ultimately be a stellar applicant overall individually. Also if you're IS or WICHE your chances are quite good percentage wise, (less so if OOS.)
I wouldn't look. Just wait out the next 4-5 days!!!
I wouldn't look. Just wait out the next 4-5 days!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's true, CSU has a page with admissions statistics. It's terrifying. But the average isn't really indicative of who will ultimately be a stellar applicant overall individually. Also if you're IS or WICHE your chances are quite good percentage wise, (less so if OOS.)
I wouldn't look. Just wait out the next 4-5 days!!!
I am OOS (with not so good chances) but every time someone posts on this board, I can't help but immediately check my status page.
evilsquirrel, I am OOS too. We can be scared together 😱
Count me in...evilsquirrel, I am OOS too. We can be scared together 😱
I'm guessing they won't update the portal/notify people until Monday, 12/23, then? 🙁
It's looking that way…but then again there is like a 3 hour time difference for me, so who knows?I'm guessing they won't update the portal/notify people until Monday, 12/23, then? 🙁
The day is still young!I'm guessing they won't update the portal/notify people until Monday, 12/23, then? 🙁
I received my email from OSU at like 3:30ish mountain time that day, so I would wait until closing time (5pm Mountain time) before calling it quits for the weekend
And refresh...and refresh...aaannnnddd refresh...
And refresh...and refresh...aaannnnddd refresh...
SERIOUSLY. I've been baking up a storm the past 2 days trying to distract myself.
Every time I see a new post in this thread I refresh the dvm portal.And refresh...and refresh...aaannnnddd refresh...
Honestly, I think I get more excited for you guys. I just like to see people get super excited when they know. I have no chance. lol
Yesterday I spent WAY too much time looking at the Successful Applicants c/o 2017 thread, trying to figure out what chance I have at getting in. I'm no more hopeful than I was before I looked at it.
I made the mistake of checking colorado's previous admissions stats. Only 8% of the applicants were accepted and only 3% of OOS. Meh.
I made the mistake of checking colorado's previous admissions stats. Only 8% of the applicants were accepted and only 3% of OOS. Meh.
Well that means out of all of us OOS'ers on SDN, there's a likelihood that 0.7389 SDN'ers are going to get in. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
check you portals!! I didn't get in :/
Denied as well.
Nonsponsored alternate =(. Any idea how many people get off the waitlist?
Rejected. As expected.
Well congrats in advance to the fraction of whoever gets in lol
It's up??? I'm afraid to look
Freaking alternate, second time I got put on the alternate list... my nerves are going to shatter into a million pieces soon.
Nonsponsored alternate =(. Any idea how many people get off the waitlist?
I don't know how many people get off the waitlist but at least there is a shot!!! Good luck!!!!
Freaking alternate, second time I got put on the alternate list... my nerves are going to shatter into a million pieces soon.
Good luck!!!!!
"College policy prevents release of ranking information, and there are few alternate offers made until after the response date of April 15." and "The latest date an offer might be made would be the first day of the second week of fall semester classes." If it's that late I'm not going, that's not fair at all. Kind of puts a dent in trying to make effective moving plans. Hubby, our 3 pets and I will wind up living out of our car due to not having dibs on housing.
It's up? I'm also scared to check....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. Had a feeling. Oh well. 🙁 congrats to everyone who heard better news!!
Edit: double post.
Wait so far there are 3 waitlisters and no acceptances? Yeah CSU is rough... maybe the 2% acceptance rate is kind of comforting... you could be top 5% (which, in my mind, is still A++) and bam. nope. Who knows.
Good luck to the other 2 folks 🙂 keep busy!
Good luck to the other 2 folks 🙂 keep busy!
Accepted.