CSU Long Beach/Northridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

angryowlbear

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when decisions will be made for these two programs? On another note: anyone know friends or coworkers that have attended, what was their experience?
 
Northridge said they would start notifying people in April, which is pretty late. They received over 1000 applicants this year.
 
I applied to both and I believe both let you know in April, which seems super late.

And, wow, over 1000 applicants!!! That's a lot! Not looking too good for me, considering I'm out-of-state.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya since they are now offering the DPT they are pretty much the cheapest program in California that isn't an MPT, so a ton of people applied.
 
Ya since they are now offering the DPT they are pretty much the cheapest program in California that isn't an MPT, so a ton of people applied.

And the funny thing is it's still expensive (around $25K/year), compared to public schools in other states.
 

Wow, over the summer when I was at an info session at LB the representative quoted their tuition at about $30,000 for the full program. This was before the accreditation of the DPT program. Coming from a CSU, comparing almost $80,000 for a state school to the cost of private school it seems the extra $10,000 would be worth it for better facilities. I had a physics lab that was in a renovated closet at my CSU. I appreciate graduating without loans from undergrad, but if I'm taking out loans for PT school it might be worth the little extra for the private school experience.
 
Wow that is quite a high cost... Many private schools include all those laboratory/campus fees in their tuition as well which makes some private programs very competitive. My total billable cost for Arcadia is $79k....

If you're out of state a CSU seems like a ripoff!
 
Anyone know when decisions will be made for these two programs? On another note: anyone know friends or coworkers that have attended, what was their experience?

A real good friend of mine attended CSUN for PT and had great things to say about the program, the faculty, and the curriculum. He also had some great places he did his clinical rotations at and was offered jobs by these clinics after he graduated and was licensed. I also had a few friends attend USC, and my friend that attended CSUN is just as good if not a better PT than some of my friends that went to USC (which is ranked #1). I think in the end it depends on the person not the school....just a quick note, my friend who went to CSUN also gets paid more than my friends who attended USC and he has significantly less debt!👍