California State University, Northridge DPT class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Henhen321

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guy!

I wanted to create a space where we can help each other share info about the school, the admission process, and anything about the program. I haven't heard anything back from admissions yet. Please share your experiences as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything?
Admissions told me we would hear back by the end of November.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything?
Admissions told me we would hear back by the end of November.
Also, I find it hard to believe they said the end of November. The deadline to apply is Dec. 15th so maybe they meant we should hear by the end of Dec?

Reactions: 1 user
I just heard back from the admissions committee letting me know my application has been received and is under review. The email said that "All applicants will be notified of their application status via email by the February 26, 2021" - but I do not know if that applies to students who get accepted into the program or all applicants in general.

Best of luck to everyone!

I just heard back from the admissions committee letting me know my application has been received and is under review. The email said that "All applicants will be notified of their application status via email by the February 26, 2021" - but I do not know if that applies to students who get accepted into the program or all applicants in general.

Yeah I just got that email too from Northridge. Does the end of Feb. seem really late to you? Most other schools will have already requested a decision to attend their program or not if you are accepted...

Yeah I just got that email too from Northridge. Does the end of Feb. seem really late to you? Most other schools will have already requested a decision to attend their program or not if you are accepted...
I got the exact same email. And yes, I do feel like February is late. I thought they were sending out decisions in December.

Has anyone contacted the admissions office to see if accepted applicants will be informed of their status before February 26, 2021?

Does anyone know what to make of this from the application received email from CSUN? Does this mean that they want us to contact members in the department?

"Please Note:

Although CSUN does not have an interview process, ALL forms of communications with all department faculty and staff, including in person, emails and phone calls, will be taken into consideration when evaluating applications, regardless of application status.

Qualities of interest: Professionalism, Competence, Good Attitude, Well-Mannered, etc."

Has anyone contacted the admissions office to see if accepted applicants will be informed of their status before February 26, 2021?
Yes, I did contact admissions and they told me that all the results will be out by end of February.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard back from Northridge?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Northridge?
Nope, I haven’t either. They did send an email on 1/31 saying that they would like applicants who are no longer interested in their program to notify them

anyone hear back? it is past february 26th...

anyone hear back? it is past february 26th...
Yeah I heard back on Feb 24th that I was waitlist number 32. I think they have their entire class accepted already.

Has anyone else been accepted or waitlisted? I haven't heard back from them yet at all.

Has anyone else been accepted or waitlisted? I haven't heard back from them yet at all.
I got rejected from CSUN on Feb 26th, but I know there are people who got accepted and waitlisted. I suggest to look at another thread called "California DPT Schools 2020-2021 Cycle". Many people update each other on there regarding California schools :)

CSUN DPT doesn't conduct any interviews before accepting students?

CSUN DPT doesn't conduct any interviews before accepting students?
Per their Program listing at California State University, Northridge :
Although CSUN does not have an interview process, all forms of communications with the department, including emails and phone calls, will be taken into consideration when evaluating applications, regardless of status.
honestly more interesting is the line before it stating "The PTCAS essay is not required for our program but may be reviewed if submitted. Interviews are not conducted as part of the Admissions process." when they have no supplemental questions and no interview.

Also just got the email that my application has been received.