California State University Long Beach DPT Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Henhen321

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guy!

I wanted to create a space where we can help each other share info about the school, the admission process, and anything about the program. I submitted both applications and I am just patiently waiting for an email from the school. Please share your experiences as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I applied to CSULB 10/7 and I am patiently (though anxiously) waiting to hear back! PM me and we can compare stats if you'd like!

This is my second time applying to CSULB. I was waitlisted last year in January. I would not expect to hear anything back for a while.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is my second time applying to CSULB. I was waitlisted last year in January. I would not expect to hear anything back for a while.
You are totally right. I got an email about them forwarding my Calapply app to the PT admissions and it said we should hear back about admission decisions 3 - 4 weeks after the deadline.

In your opinion, does CSULB not having an interview this year hurt us?

I believe it does as I think it doesn't allow them to be able to paint a full picture of who we are.

You are totally right. I got an email about them forwarding my Calapply app to the PT admissions and it said we should hear back about admission decisions 3 - 4 weeks after the deadline.

In your opinion, does CSULB not having an interview this year hurt us?

I believe it does as I think it doesn't allow them to be able to paint a full picture of who we are.

they actually didn’t even have an interview last year. I think cal states look mostly at your application in general

they actually didn’t even have an interview last year. I think cal states look mostly at your application in general
Oh dang! I didn't know that I thought CSULB and CSUN had no interviews because of Covid.

Wow. Thanks for letting us know.

Also if you don't mind sharing, what was your experience last cycle?

Oh dang! I didn't know that I thought CSULB and CSUN had no interviews because of Covid.

Wow. Thanks for letting us know.

Also if you don't mind sharing, what was your experience last cycle?

Yeah CSUN and CSULB did not have interviews last year either.

Last cycle I applied to about 7 schools, and I was waitlisted on 5. I started hearing back from schools early December all the way through March (Chapman and UW took the longest). I had one interview at Regis last year, but again was waitlisted. It was a lot of waiting, sending emails of continued interest, but I knew it wasn't my year. I got very close, but I'm pretty grateful I did not start amidst the start of the COVID outbreak. I really did not put a lot of effort into my applications last year, so this year I turned them all in early, improved my GPA, and got more hours. It paid off because I just got accepted into Rocky Mountain's summer cohort. If you have anymore questions feel free to reach out!

Reactions: 2 users

Last cycle I applied to about 7 schools, and I was waitlisted on 5. I started hearing back from schools early December all the way through March (Chapman and UW took the longest). I had one interview at Regis last year, but again was waitlisted. It was a lot of waiting, sending emails of continued interest, but I knew it wasn't my year. I got very close, but I'm pretty grateful I did not start amidst the start of the COVID outbreak. I really did not put a lot of effort into my applications last year, so this year I turned them all in early, improved my GPA, and got more hours. It paid off because I just got accepted into Rocky Mountain's summer cohort. If you have anymore questions feel free to reach out!
What are your top 3 choices?
And CONGRATS! I just got into Rocky Mountain's Fall cohort

If you don't mind, what were your stats when you applied last year? I applied to a bunch of schools and haven't heard back from any yet. Starting to get a bit worried

Congrats! That's awesome your hard paid off =) I applied to 7 schools too but so far only one has gotten back to me. In your opinion do you think my stats are completive?

cGPA: 3.5
pGPA: 3.7 - 3.9 depending on the school
4 LOR
about 1500 hours in peds, ortho, geri, neuro, and sports

Congrats! That's awesome your hard paid off =) I applied to 7 schools too but so far only one has gotten back to me. In your opinion do you think my stats are completive?

4 LOR

I definitely think those are competitive stats, similar to mine. Most schools won't get back to you until December all the way until March, so I would not stress about not hearing back. I have only heard back from the schools that are doing rolling admissions

What are your top 3 choices?
And CONGRATS! I just got into Rocky Mountain's Fall cohort

Congrats to you too! My top 3 are probably Rocky Mountain, Eastern Washington or Pacific University

4 LOR

Those are great stats. You are for sure going to get accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
Placed on high-tier waitlist but will be taking myself off

Also placed on high tier waitlist. Congrats to those who got in!

Does anybody know how many people are on the high tier waitlist? Or if people last year got off of it?

Does anybody know how many people are on the high tier waitlist? Or if people last year got off of it?
I was high tier last cycle, did not get off. Another girl I knew was on high tier and then was accepted around feb/March. It’s very random, but it definitely happens. Keep sending emails of continued interest

Reactions: 1 users
For the upcoming open house, do you guys think everyone will be invited? Or perhaps just those who were accepted?

For the upcoming open house, do you guys think everyone will be invited? Or perhaps just those who were accepted?
I went last year, as it was open to waitlist as well as those accepted. I'm sure it's the same this year

Hi there! I haven't heard back from Long Beach yet. I don't know if my application is being reviewed?? Do they send out denials? I got accepted into two schools so far and have two interviews coming up. However, I'm waiting on Long Beach and Northridge as of now. Not sure if I should be worried :(

Hi there! I haven't heard back from Long Beach yet. I don't know if my application is being reviewed?? Do they send out denials? I got accepted into two schools so far and have two interviews coming up. However, I'm waiting on Long Beach and Northridge as of now. Not sure if I should be worried :(
I applied in late August and I didn’t hear back either