Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2022 Applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ready 4OT!

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Thought I'd create a space to share, ask, and answer questions about the CSUDH MSOT application.

I had a question about CalState Apply vs. OTCAS. My plan was to apply to both CalState Apply and OTCAS for CSUDH. Now I'm wondering, can I apply to the MSOT program only using the CalState Apply and leave CSUDH off my OTCAS to avoid paying to apply there twice? I spoke to some previous CSUDH MSOT students and they had mentioned a paper application too. I think I'm slightly confused now. I just wanted to make sure that I submit everything that's needed!

My gut tells me to just focus on the CalState Apply application and forget about OTCAS for now (since the schools I'm applying to using OTCAS have deadlines 2 months down the road whereas CSUDH is due in just a few weeks!)
If my recommenders are willing to submit to CalState Apply and OTCAS, this shouldn't be a problem, right?

Also, is there a paper application in addition to CalState Apply that I'm completely forgetting/don't know about?

How lenient do you think CSUDH is in terms of waiving the info session?

How is everyone else doing on their applications?
Please let me know what you know! Thanks so much & good luck to all the applications this year :) Feel free to post more questions, etc. below!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey, there! So you can do both but CSUDH only requires the CalStateApply application. I chose not to do the OTCAS as it is a big fee for sure! I will be using OTCAS for mandatory schools in a few months, but let's see if we can get into CSUDH first! :)

I have never heard of the paper application!

I am definitely excited to hear from other people and hopefully see some acceptances in October! <3

Hey, there! So you can do both but CSUDH only requires the CalStateApply application. I chose not to do the OTCAS as it is a big fee for sure! I will be using OTCAS for mandatory schools in a few months, but let's see if we can get into CSUDH first! :)

I have never heard of the paper application!

I am definitely excited to hear from other people and hopefully see some acceptances in October! <3
Hey! Thank you so much for your response. Feels good to hear this from a fellow applicant :) I asked the admissions dept. and they confirmed this!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my application to CSUDH this week! Hoping to hear back for an interview or something in the near future! Fingers crossed

I just submitted my application to CSUDH this week! Hoping to hear back for an interview or something in the near future! Fingers crossed
amazing! wishing you luck! as far as i know, CSUDH doesn't do interviews :O

Did everyone fill out the 3rd quadrant of CalState apply as well?

Hello!

I applied for the Spring 2022 admissions and I am NERVOUS! My GRE scores are low and I am not sure how heavy they weigh this alongside everything else. We should find out by end of October if we were accepted, but I can't help to look everyday! Good luck to everyone- I hope to see you in the new year!

Did everyone fill out the 3rd quadrant of CalState apply as well?
I did just in case, but I'm really hoping they don't take it too much into consideration because I feel like I really butchered those experience details descriptions :confused:.

We only need to submit official transcripts to CSUDH's Admissions Office correct? NOT CalSTATE Apply?

We only need to submit official transcripts to CSUDH's Admissions Office correct? NOT CalSTATE Apply?
Yes I believe so! Well that's what I did anyways hahha best of luck to all of us!!!! Now onto the waiting game...

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received an email confirmation from CSUDH that they received your application or anything?

Nope! Just the confirmation from Cal State Apply.
Same! That email said we’d hear from the campus in 5-7 days and I submitted mine over 2 weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
Same! That email said we’d hear from the campus in 5-7 days and I submitted mine over 2 weeks ago
I bet it's 5-7 business days from the deadline, I wouldn't worry until next Fri!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, just got the confirmation email from CSUDH. Is anyone else having trouble activating their portal account?

Hi everyone, just got the confirmation email from CSUDH. Is anyone else having trouble activating their portal account?
I cannot find if we were provided with a temporary password, or how to set that up.

Hi everyone! I was having trouble as well, I just called IT and they were super helpful! They gave me a temporary password to log in.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I was having trouble as well, I just called IT and they were super helpful! They gave me a temporary password to log in.
Yes, that's what I did as well! I wonder why they didn't specify that we had to do that to begin with haha.

For those who have been able to access their portal, does it show that your transcripts have been received? My application is showing up as incomplete even though I sent over my transcripts in early August.

For those who have been able to access their portal, does it show that your transcripts have been received? My application is showing up as incomplete even though I sent over my transcripts in early August.
Which tab is that information under? Under application status I see "your file is complete & has been sent to the appropriate dept for review".

No, mine is also marked as incomplete even though I sent them over already too, I'm going to email them to see what's going on.

Ok So I just called, and for people who are experiencing the same issue of your transcripts not being received even though you sent them in already, I'd give them a call so they can move your transcripts from their misc. folder and attach them to your account. Apparently if you sent the transcripts in before applying, they put them in a misc. folder and sort through it manually later on in the process so if you give them a call it can speed up the process :)

Reactions: 2 users
Which tab is that information under? Under application status I see "your file is complete & has been sent to the appropriate dept for review".
It was under application status - looks like your transcripts went through then!

What is everyone's application status now?

My transcripts finally were found and my status now says "Your file is complete." It doesn't say anywhere that it has been sent to the department for review. Should I be concerned?

What is everyone's application status now?

My transcripts finally were found and my status now says "Your file is complete." It doesn't say anywhere that it has been sent to the department for review. Should I be concerned?
mine also says the same! i’m a little nervous, but i think we should be fine. maybe it’s different because they had to manually go in and match the transcripts with our files??

Mine just changed to "Your file is complete and has been sent to the appropriate department for review" in the last day or two (can't remember if I checked yesterday -- probs did).

Mine changed as well! Hopefully we will be hearing good news soon. Good luck everyone!!!

Did anyone hear anything about submitting a personal statement?

I couldn't find anywhere on Cal State Apply to submit mine. Did you submit one?
I did not. I didn’t see it listed as a requirement anywhere, so I’m confused as to the rumors I’ve been hearing.

I did not. I didn’t see it listed as a requirement anywhere, so I’m confused as to the rumors I’ve been hearing.
Hi! I believe there was no personal statement required, just the 4 questions that we had to answer.

Is anyone else having trouble loading the mycsudh portal? It doesn't let me see my application status

Is anyone else having trouble loading the mycsudh portal? It doesn't let me see my application status
I can see mine, it still says that the app has been sent to the appropriate department for review.

Does anyone know around when they usually start sending out acceptances/denials? Getting kinda nervous...

Does anyone know around when they usually start sending out acceptances/denials? Getting kinda nervous...
I saw in another forum that last year people starting getting acceptances around the end of October. Like 10/26 so hopefully by next week!
The waiting game is really hard...

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard back yet?! Still waiting and feeling anxious.

Haven't heard back yet either but definitely with ya on the feeling anxious part :\
I’m hoping they start sending out decisions soon! It’s already November beginning on Monday so maybe we start hearing back around that time!

I’m hoping they start sending out decisions soon! It’s already November beginning on Monday so maybe we start hearing back around that time!
yeah I thought they would've started sending out decisions already! the waiting game is crazy!!

I haven't heard back either... I really hope we'll hear back by tomorrow because waiting is so hard😩 definitely feeling anxious as well. But we'll get through this together!

Waiting Patiently GIF by Justin

Reactions: 5 users
i'm torn between wishing every day that the results would come out already v.s being scared of what my admissions decision actually is

these past few days have been so nervewracking... :(

i'm torn between wishing every day that the results would come out already v.s being scared of what my admissions decision actually is

these past few days have been so nervewracking... :(
Same!! I really hope they'll let us know soon bc this wait has been so hard😭

I haven't heard back from them yet either. I have a feeling they'll get back to us by the first week of November and all throughout. It's confusing because from what I remember on Cal State Apply/OTCAS, they said they'd be conducting interviews from September 15-November 15. Decisions will be made and sent to applicants from November-December. However, from what I've been seeing, it seems they don't hold interviews. My application status hasn't changed since I submitted it, so hoping they will get back soon within this next month! Best of luck to you!

Shooted my shot and called admissions. They said decisions come out last week of November - first week of December (latest).

Not sure if they said that just to give us a "safe" time frame, but I sure hope it doesn't take that long :/

Shooted my shot and called admissions. They said decisions come out last week of November - first week of December (latest).

Not sure if they said that just to give us a "safe" time frame, but I sure hope it doesn't take that long :/
Wow! Thank you for calling. I hope it doesn’t take that long, based off of past forums it looks like they were sending out decisions around late October. If that really is the case, that’s such short notice considering classes begin in January. Anyways, fingers crossed we hear back earlier!

Thank you so much for calling! Just curious, did you talk to someone directly from the OT department?