Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2022 Applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Checked the portal today around 12 pm pst and my status changed to admitted! And I received the official email from the OT department around 2 pm pst!!!!

Here are my stats for those that are interested. For me personally, looking at the threads of previous years' academic stats gave me some peace of mind and encouragement. For those that are still waiting, don't lose hope! I know how nerve-racking and anxiety-inducing this entire process can be. I'm rooting for all of y'all!!!! And for those newly admitted, CONGRATS YOU DID IT!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet my future classmates!!!!!!!!

Major: Biological Sciences
Minor: Psychology
Undergrad GPA: 3.62
Prerequisite GPA: 3.85
GRE: Quant 160 / Verbal 160 / Writing 5.5
Letter of Recs: 2 letters from my Supervisor and CEO of my previous youth basketball job, 1 letter from OT/Professor
OT volunteer hours: Took the online course "Foundations of Occupational Therapy" offered by CSUDH to waive the hours requirement
Extracurricular: Volunteer/observation hours @ a pediatric OT/PT center (60+ hours ongoing when I submitted my app, but now it's over 150 hours)
Congrats!! I just checked and I got in as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi All!

I just received my email today that I was accepted! woo hoo!! Congrats to everyone who was accepted, can't wait to meet you all in January.

My background if it helps, I am 37, returning back to school after almost 10+ years and changing career paths.

Here are my stats if it helps anyone...
Major: Psychology and Social Behavior - UC Irvine
Undergrad GPA - 3.4
Prerequisite GPA - 4.0
GRE: Quant - 140; Verbal - 148; Writing - 4
Letter of Recs - 1 from OT supervisor; 1 from volunteer coordinator and 1 from previous friend/my kid's teacher/coworker (I was a substitute teacher and room parent for her class)
OT volunteer hours - Completed 100 hours between 2 different sites
Extracurriculars: CPR course, special education paraprofessional and substitute teacher

I did not have high hopes considering my volunteer hours and extracurriculars, so I was genuinely shocked that I got in! To anyone still waiting, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you because you never know.

Has anyone gotten acceptances from any other schools as well?

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone, you deserve it! Still trying to remain optimistic, when I checked yesterday it said “application sent to appropriate department for review” so no change for me yet. I tried to log in to the portal this morning but when trying to log in, it just sent me back to the home page and would not load.. is anyone else experiencing this? I hope this doesn’t mean my application was denied. Trying to keep my head up!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone, you deserve it! Still trying to remain optimistic, when I checked yesterday it said “application sent to appropriate department for review” so no change for me yet. I tried to log in to the portal this morning but when trying to log in, it just sent me back to the home page and would not load.. is anyone else experiencing this? I hope this doesn’t mean my application was denied. Trying to keep my head up!
Keep your hopes up! The portal often does not load so I don't think you are denied. Wish you the best!

Keep your hopes up! The portal often does not load so I don't think you are denied. Wish you the best!
Thank you, I appreciate you! And congratulations on your acceptance!

I know there was an earlier post here that said this Wednesday (today) would be the final day for admission decisions, but in the official email that I received from the department it specifically stated that the application cycle would be fully complete around early to mid December. So don't lose hope just yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I just got in and secured my spot. If any one else who got in wants to connect DM me! Is the group me already set up??

I know there was an earlier post here that said this Wednesday (today) would be the final day for admission decisions, but in the official email that I received from the department it specifically stated that the application cycle would be fully complete around early to mid December. So don't lose hope just yet!
Thank you for the well wishes! I appreciate it.

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten accepted into the program already! I'm so incredibly happy and excited for you! So proud of you all and I am wishing you an amazing journey through and beyond the program! :soexcited:❤️

@DavOT: I haven't had my application status change either, so you're not alone! I keep checking every day, but nothing new happens either and I do feel discouraged as well. However, I'm hoping that whatever happens, it's for the best. Do not lose hope though, as it's been said that the application cycle doesn't end until or around early to mid-December. We might still have a chance! Be patient and everything will happen as it should. Wishing you the best of luck, my friend 😊 Sending positive vibes!

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten accepted into the program already! I'm so incredibly happy and excited for you! So proud of you all and I am wishing you an amazing journey through and beyond the program! :soexcited:❤️

@DavOT: I haven't had my application status change either, so you're not alone! I keep checking every day, but nothing new happens either and I do feel discouraged as well. However, I'm hoping that whatever happens, it's for the best. Do not lose hope though, as it's been said that the application cycle doesn't end until or around early to mid-December. We might still have a chance! Be patient and everything will happen as it should. Wishing you the best of luck, my friend 😊 Sending positive vibes!
Thank you so much!! Best of luck to you as well, I’m really keeping my fingers crossed for you! Let’s keep our heads up until we know for sure ☺️

In my confirmation email it said that the application cycle will be complete around early to mid December. I wanted to share that information to hopefully help everyone still waiting for an answer that there is still time for them to make a decision. My fingers are crossed for you guys!! This whole process is no nerve wracking!

Yes! I was experiencing the same thing, where the website kept looping. I called CSUDH IT help desk and she told me to clear my cache and try again and it worked! I hope that helps!

I got an email saying they voted to keep me on the alternate list for the program. I think I'm going to wait it out and not withdraw, but I'm not terribly upset either because West Coast University already accepted me and I have an upcoming interview with Stanbridge University, so it's not a complete loss! Hoping to potentially get into CSUDH and if not, wishing everyone who got in the BEST of luck with their journey! Proud of you all and wishing you well :clap:

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I got an email earlier around noon stating that I was placed on the waitlist. I do feel slightly discouraged since I feel like the likelihood of being admitted from the waitlist is low. Nonetheless, great job at everyone who already got accepted! Excited for you guys to take on this new journey :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I got an email saying they voted to keep me on the alternate list for the program. I think I'm going to wait it out and not withdraw, but I'm not terribly upset either because West Coast University already accepted me and I have an upcoming interview with Stanbridge University, so it's not a complete loss! Hoping to potentially get into CSUDH and if not, wishing everyone who got in the BEST of luck with their journey! Proud of you all and wishing you well :clap:
Yay on your acceptance to West Coast! I interviewed with Stanbridge as well, send me a DM and I can let you know what to kind of expect for that interview :)

I also got an email saying that I was placed on the waitlist for the program. The wait was excruciating but at least now I know. Best of luck to everyone!

• Care
Hoping the best for those placed on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Yay on your acceptance to West Coast! I interviewed with Stanbridge as well, send me a DM and I can let you know what to kind of expect for that interview :)
Thank you! :) Oh most definitely! I appreciate that! It's coming up on December 10, so I have some time to prep.

Hi everyone! I have decided to not submit my seat deposit and attend a different program. I hope my spot goes to one of you on the waitlist in this forum!! Good luck with everything!

Hi everyone! I have decided to not submit my seat deposit and attend a different program. I hope my spot goes to one of you on the waitlist in this forum!! Good luck with everything!
Good luck to you too on your program! If you don't mind telling which program did you decide to go to?

Hello all!

So I have been placed on an alternative list for CSUDH. Does anyone know if this is different than being waitlisted or is it the same thing?

Hello all!

So I have been placed on an alternative list for CSUDH. Does anyone know if this is different than being waitlisted or is it the same thing?
I believe it is the same thing! I got a letter saying due to the quality of my application I will be placed on an alternative list for the program should any spots become available. Best wishes to you!

Thank you for letting us know! I wish you the absolute best in the future!

Good luck to you too on your program! If you don't mind telling which program did you decide to go to?
As of now I have a seat deposit down for West Coast’s OTD program because it’s closer to home and I ultimately want to go for the Doctorate degree. It was a tough decision though, I was torn between the two up until the very last day to submit for CSUDH. I’m now waiting for other OTD programs that I wouldn’t have been able to wait for if I picked CSUDH.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, is there anyone else on here who was accepted that is deciding to go with another program?

Good luck with WCU!!! :soexcited:I have a colleague that goes there for OTD also!

Congrats on everyone's acceptances! I received mine a few weeks ago before Thanksgiving and am super excited. I was wondering has anyone heard anythig about a Facebook group for the new cohort? I asked Chandia but she said that it will be a little while until it is set up because decisions are still being sent out, so those who haven't heard back yet there is still time! I am from PA and I will be looking for a roommate or roommates so I was hoping there would be a place for all of us to chat before mid December since I will need to get things organized asap. So if anyone is looking for a roomie or knows of anyone who is please let me know! Can't wait to meet all of you!

Congrats on everyone's acceptances! I received mine a few weeks ago before Thanksgiving and am super excited. I was wondering has anyone heard anythig about a Facebook group for the new cohort? I asked Chandia but she said that it will be a little while until it is set up because decisions are still being sent out, so those who haven't heard back yet there is still time! I am from PA and I will be looking for a roommate or roommates so I was hoping there would be a place for all of us to chat before mid December since I will need to get things organized asap. So if anyone is looking for a roomie or knows of anyone who is please let me know! Can't wait to meet all of you!
Hi and congratulations! You can jump into this groupme if you like, there's a few other folks looking for housing/roommates :)

Hey guys, I just got accepted to the program today! I was on the waitlist and I got a call earlier today saying they had a vacant seat. I honestly gave up when I was placed on the waitlist, but to those of who still haven't received an response or is on the waitlist: don't lose hope! There's a chance that someone might take a different route and accept a different program. Good luck to everyone! I'm excited to meet the rest of my cohort :)

Hey guys, I just got accepted to the program today! I was on the waitlist and I got a call earlier today saying they had a vacant seat. I honestly gave up when I was placed on the waitlist, but to those of who still haven't received an response or is on the waitlist: don't lose hope! There's a chance that someone might take a different route and accept a different program. Good luck to everyone! I'm excited to meet the rest of my cohort :)
Congratulations! 🎊 So excited for you. It gives me some hope! Would you mind posting your stats?