Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2022 Applications!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow! Thank you for calling. I hope it doesn’t take that long, based off of past forums it looks like they were sending out decisions around late October. If that really is the case, that’s such short notice considering classes begin in January. Anyways, fingers crossed we hear back earlier!
January? I thought the academic year for their program starts in Spring

Members don't see this ad.

Shooted my shot and called admissions. They said decisions come out last week of November - first week of December (latest).

Not sure if they said that just to give us a "safe" time frame, but I sure hope it doesn't take that long :/
Thanks for calling!

Wow I really hope it isn't gonna take that long... When I talked to admissions right after submitting my application, they told me that it will probably take a month for them to get back to us. I understand that there are hundreds of applicants they have to go through but I really hope they'll get back to us sooner than the end of next month😩

Members don't see this ad :)
January? I thought the academic year for their program starts in Spring
Yeah it starts in January. I know I was confused too 😂 when they told me they start in January I was like "thats not spring thats winter.." 😅

alright yall let's hope today's the day 🤧 the waiting game continues

Reactions: 1 users
alright yall let's hope today's the day 🤧 the waiting game continues
hopefully it's by the end of this week! I'm like having a mini heart attack every time I check my email/portal lol.

Reactions: 1 user
hopefully it's by the end of this week! I'm like having a mini heart attack every time I check my email/portal lol.
I believe they send out decisions in batches so I wonder when the last batch will be sent out if it’s already November and we aren’t hearing back yet!

I have not applied yet, but I am waiting with baited breath for all of you lovely humans!! I will be applying in FALL 2022 . I am currently at CSUDH finishing my BS in CD, I have not taken my GRE, OR completed my volunteer hours yet. Any advice on GRE, or places that you all volunteered at local to CSUDH? Good Luck Everyone!! I hope you all get accepted!

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG

Reactions: 5 users
I have not applied yet, but I am waiting with baited breath for all of you lovely humans!! I will be applying in FALL 2022 . I am currently at CSUDH finishing my BS in CD, I have not taken my GRE, OR completed my volunteer hours yet. Any advice on GRE, or places that you all volunteered at local to CSUDH? Good Luck Everyone!! I hope you all get accepted!
Hi! I might not be able to answer your question about volunteer sites local to CSUDH (bc I currently reside in the bay area) but I may be able to give a little advice about the GRE. Although I didn't do as great as I wanted to on the GRE I can still offer some insight into what I wish I did to better prepare myself. Something I definitely recommend is to start studying at least a minimum of 2 months before your test date, the last thing you want to do is cram and induce more stress haha. As for study material, I wanted to be able to get the most out of studying but for as little to no cost as possible, but if you can afford it I recommend trying out some of the GRE prep courses testing companies offer (from what I hear, people really like Magoosh, Kaplan, and Princeton Review). However, if you are like I was, there are some free resources online. One of the free resources you can utilize is Greg Mat. He has a bunch of different videos on youtube walking through some old GRE tests, providing strategies on how to go about taking the GRE, and giving tips on the two essays you'll have to write. ETS (the company that literally writes the GRE) also has free materials on its website. If you search "GRE Powerprep Practice Tests" you can check out the ETS website and it'll show the two free practice tests you can take to prepare yourself for the actual test. Hmm, I think this is the only advice I have atm but if anything else pops up I'll lyk! Congrats on finishing up your degree and good luck on the GRE and applying!!!

On the topic of keeping things cheap - public libraries will lend you physical and/or electronic copies of brand name GRE prep materials (I think I borrowed a Kaplan resource and one from ETS from LAPL). I recommend doing as many practice tests as you can get access to. It's time-consuming, but I think it's super worthwhile because it helps build stamina for test day, shows you what content areas/question types to focus your studying on, and gives you a good idea how you'll score. Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also for CSUDH specifically I'd focus more on the verbal and writing sections because that's what they place more emphasis on. I didn't realize this until after the fact and spent most of my time studying for the quant section lol. But definitely try to have your writing score 4.5+. I followed Greg Mat's formula through his youtube videos, and got a 5 so his is really useful and straightforward!

I'm so close to driving down to CSUDH and seeing what's taking so long. I'll be at the door :lol:

Reactions: 2 users
Another day of obsessively checking my application status all day and getting disappointed every time that it still hasn’t changed :(

• Sad
Yall i'm starting to get kinda discouraged :( please tell me someone has heard back

I haven't heard back from them yet either. I have a feeling they'll get back to us by the first week of November and all throughout. It's confusing because from what I remember on Cal State Apply/OTCAS, they said they'd be conducting interviews from September 15-November 15. Decisions will be made and sent to applicants from November-December. However, from what I've been seeing, it seems they don't hold interviews. My application status hasn't changed since I submitted it, so hoping they will get back soon within this next month! Best of luck to you!
I contacted admissions and was told you don’t know until thanksgiving which is crazy when school starts February :( try to find some peace until the holiday then friends 💕

Reactions: 3 users
I contacted admissions and was told you don’t know until thanksgiving which is crazy when school starts February :( try to find some peace until the holiday then friends 💕
Thanks for this update but so CSUDH OT starts February not January?

Spring semester classes begin 1/24 according to the academic calendar, but it wouldn't surprise me if the grad programs are on slightly different schedules.

I can't believe they would only give us a two month notice before starting the program! What if some students are not from the area and need to arrange housing? So crazy....

I can't believe they would only give us a two month notice before starting the program! What if some students are not from the area and need to arrange housing? So crazy....
I was thinking the exact same thing.. some people need to make arrangements before hand.

pls tell me someone's heard something lol 😭

• Sad
I called the OT office to get a little more info and she told me that decisions will go out last week of November/ first week of December and all decisions will be sent at once, so not in batches. The start date is January 18th. That is orientation and then the next day will be the start of classes.

I called the OT office to get a little more info and she told me that decisions will go out last week of November/ first week of December and all decisions will be sent at once, so not in batches. The start date is January 18th. That is orientation and then the next day will be the start of classes.
Thank you for this information! This is all I needed! We got this guys wait is almost over😪

I wonder why they are switching things up this year… I not sure if I can wait any longer lol!

Is CSUDH everyone’s first choice?

I wonder why they are switching things up this year… I not sure if I can wait any longer lol!

Is CSUDH everyone’s first choice?
For me it is! I got accepted into Stanbridge and West Coast so far but if I’d get in to CSUDH I’ll definitely take it.

For me it is! I got accepted into Stanbridge and West Coast so far but if I’d get in to CSUDH I’ll definitely take it.
CSUDH is also my first choice and I also got into West Coast! I decided not to accept West Coast's offer though (they wanted me to make a decision by Oct 25th, did you also have to decide by then?) in the hopes that I'd hear good news from CSUDH. Fingers crossed for us all 🙏

My first choice, as well! I also applied to USC.

CSUDH is also my first choice and I also got into West Coast! I decided not to accept West Coast's offer though (they wanted me to make a decision by Oct 25th, did you also have to decide by then?) in the hopes that I'd hear good news from CSUDH. Fingers crossed for us all 🙏
Yeah West Coast was asking for $500 seat hold too which was not convenient. They asked me to reply to them by Oct 31st, and I did not.. but 🤞🏼

CSUDH is my top choice too! I also applied to USC, Loma Linda, and a couple out of state schools, but they all start in the summer or fall. It’s been so hard making plans past January since I don’t know if I will be at CSUDH yet.

!!! VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE !!!

I have a colleague who emailed Dr. Kitching to double-check when decisions would be sent out and apparently, they're scheduled to release decisions NEXT WEEK. She also said to email admissions if you do not hear a response by Wednesday, 11/17. This does include rejection notices too.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! IT'S ALMOST TIME! :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

I have a colleague who emailed Dr. Kitching to double-check when decisions would be sent out and apparently, they're scheduled to release decisions NEXT WEEK. She also said to email admissions if you do not hear a response by Wednesday, 11/17. This does include rejection notices too.

oh my god the moment of truth is upon us. wishing everyone low anxiety levels until then 🤞

Does CSUDH do waitlist too??

Does CSUDH do waitlist too?
Now that, I'm not sure of myself, however, I stumbled upon an older forum regarding application cycles on SDN from like 2018-2019 for the MSOT program at CSUDH, and someone said they did indeed get waitlisted, and unfortunately, did not get accepted. So there is a possibility of there being a waitlist, but I don't know if the entire process has changed this year. We shall see...

Is anyone else having issues with logging into myCSUDH lately? it keeps refreshing to the log in screen when I try to log in :/

Is anyone else having issues with logging into myCSUDH lately? it keeps refreshing to the log in screen when I try to log in :/
You're not the only one. I tried to log in and I kept waiting for the portal to load as well. Nothing came up after two attempts.

You're not the only one. I tried to log in and I kept waiting for the portal to load as well. Nothing came up after two attempts.
Relieved to hear I was not the only one...but it is very unfortunate this is happening now that there is a potential we will hear back by next Wednesday :(

Relieved to hear I was not the only one...but it is very unfortunate this is happening now that there is a potential we will hear back by next Wednesday :(
I have a theory, but they might be loading admissions decisions right now onto the portal o_O Either that, or it's a maintenance issue. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. Check back in a few hours maybe?

I have a theory, but they might be loading admissions decisions right now onto the portal o_O Either that, or it's a maintenance issue. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. Check back in a few hours maybe?
Mine works it allows me to login and see my status.

I tried to log in again, but the issue persists. Are you experiencing this too still? Is anyone else?

I tried to log in again, but the issue persists. Are you experiencing this too still? Is anyone else?
It does not work for me on Google Chrome, but Firefox browser works. Try that!

It does not work for me on Google Chrome, but Firefox browser works. Try that!
I will try that! Thanks! It used to work on Google Chrome, but I guess it's been having issues lately. Let me try Firefox.

OMG DECISIONS CAME OUT YALL. I GOT IN 😭😭😭

Reactions: 6 users
I got in! Found out via email. Double checked the portal, it's also updated accordingly.