CSUN vs WesternU; clinical connections

Started by saucecake
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saucecake

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted to CSUN and WesternU and need to decide which school to go to. Does anyone know how their available clinicals differ? I am strongly leaning toward going to CSUN because of the lower tuition, but if it means they do not have as many connections with some of the big hospital names, I may choose Western.

There seems to be a huge increase in interest for a career in PT (judging by the increase in the # of applicants for schools). So although they ESTIMATE that the job outlook is good for the next several years, you never know what might happen..If the unemployment rate shoots up by the time i finish the program, I would want to have connections at the more well-known hospitals.

I haven't fully thought out what I just said so there may be flaws in my logic. Please let me know what you think if you have an opinion to share. Mainly I would like to know which hospital connections each school has. Thank you!