CT Anesthesia 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psu235

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had a handful of interviews and have not yet received any offers. I am staring to get worried. Has anyone received offers? Are people still holding multiple offers? The ambiguity of this process is very frustrating.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know EXACTLY what you mean. It is a disgusting process, completely nerve racking. I also interviewed at a number of places. Thus far I've received one rejection, one offer and one wait list. Still haven't heard from a number of programs. Its terrible. Good luck to you.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. It is a disgusting process, completely nerve racking. I also interviewed at a number of places. Thus far I've received one rejection, one offer and one wait list. Still haven't heard from a number of programs. Its terrible. Good luck to you.

Well, it's not exactly the same as the OP. You have an offer.

My guess is some people will hold multiple offers until the deadline, which I think is June 4. In talking to somebody who went through this process a few years ago, he said that there is a flurry of activity right at that deadline.

It was definitely a nerve wracking process this year. Good luck to you!

If we verbally commit to a program and then get a different offer on June 4th which is more agreeable, are we legally bound to the first program?

If we verbally commit to a program and then get a different offer on June 4th which is more agreeable, are we legally bound to the first program?

You're not legally bound ton anything until you actually sign a contract (note: different from the offer letter). Ethically bound is another discussion altogether...

If you've already made a commitment (verbal or otherwise) to a program and then receive a firm offer from another/"better" program that you would rather be at, I would simply call the program director from the first program and explain/discuss the situation with them.

You're not legally bound ton anything until you actually sign a contract (note: different from the offer letter). Ethically bound is another discussion altogether...

If you've already made a commitment (verbal or otherwise) to a program and then receive a firm offer from another/"better" program that you would rather be at, I would simply call the program director from the first program and explain/discuss the situation with them.

Just understand that the further you advance your career, the smaller the world becomes. Cardiac anesthesia is a small enough world that you would potentially burn bridges making moves like this.

Just understand that the further you advance your career, the smaller the world becomes. Cardiac anesthesia is a small enough world that you would potentially burn bridges making moves like this.

George: Jerry? It was incredible! Models! As far as the eye could see!
Jerry: Then it does exist.
George: Yes. The legends are true.
Jerry: So when are you goin' out with this girl again?
George: I'm not! I'm inside the walls!
Jerry: So you're gonna burn that bridge too?
George: Flame on!

I agree about the cardiac world being small and not burning bridges but a lot depends on how one goes about it.