Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol DONT believe @Love orthodonticsAny financial advisor that tells you don't worry about debt limits and just keep accruing whatever debt and pay it throughout your life is not a financial advisor.
That person is not going to be paying your $3000/month+ minimum payments. If you break your leg and cant work for a few months, that person is not going to step in and make sure you are making your payments. Honestly, I am shocked that you took them seriously.
To normalize paying off education debt for 30 years "like a mortgage" tells me how far you have stepped away from reality. The cost of this program is horrible and to think that only children of wealthy families or that have found wealth from other means makes this even worse.
I’m telling you they work for the program, no financial advisor would give that advice. In fact, I’ve heard orthodontic startups have been having trouble from banks getting a startup loan due to the poor return of it.