Ctrl F on Reading Comp

lovelydisaster

UHCO c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was doing a practice reading passage and I realized that it is going to be so much harder doing it on the computer! I know this sounds really stupid, but can we use "Ctrl F" or is that not available? Is the difficulty about the same as the Kaplan $32 book with the 2 practice sets + 2 practice tests? I guess in general,was it difficult for you when it came to the reading comp section (time wise, etc)? Thanks much in advance!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Way too good to be true then- ha! :p
Well, to rephrase my question then, was it difficult, for you, to go through reading comp? (stressful time wise, etc) For those of you that have Kaplan materials, did they help in preping you for the section? Thanks!!

In my opinion. The Kaplan tests are vastly more difficult than the real thing. I would add 40 points to your real score off of the Kaplan diagnostic (for instance, if you score 310 on Kaplan, you should score 350 on the real thing).

However, the reading comprehension for the real thing and for Kaplan's diagnostic are similar in difficulty. Kaplan makes the science and math a bitch to do because they pull up lesser known material or make the physics way more complex than the real thing. RC on the other hand, it is difficult for them to make an obscure question because the answer should always lie in the passage (no outside information required).

The timing for both is very critical and both will push you to the final seconds. I took 2 Kaplan diagnostics and 3 topscore pro tests within 2 weeks before the real thing. I averaged about 330 on them, but got a 400 on the real thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't take the actual Kaplan classes, so I'm not sure if it helps with reading comp. I did have the Kaplan materials so for that section it was basically a practice test. I would say they were either similar or a bit more difficult compared to the actual OAT. But you have to prepare for the fact that it's computerized so my strategy was to write a quick note on the scratch paper on what each paragraph was about so I could go back and find the answers quickly. good luck!