cube counting messed up on cdp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sciencegod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys. i just took a practice test on cdp and got 18. the cube counting is messed up. first theres this thing that says illusion which i have no clue what that means. then theres another one that doesnt say illusion but its messed up, one layer starts at like the third level and than it ends up at ground level. i have no clue whts going on there. any ideas?
another question. is there any way to improve on angles because i got like half wrong. they all look the same.:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Angle ranking = I will go get a new glasses the day before DAT. I think that's the best way.
cube counting = find a way to distinguish illusion and what not. :)

hey guys. i just took a practice test on cdp and got 18. the cube counting is messed up. first theres this thing that says illusion which i have no clue what that means. then theres another one that doesnt say illusion but its messed up, one layer starts at like the third level and than it ends up at ground level. i have no clue whts going on there. any ideas?
another question. is there any way to improve on angles because i got like half wrong. they all look the same.:eek:

Don't worry in real DAT you are not going to have illusion pics. good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I just encountered one of those types of problems on CDP recently - It took a second to understand what was going on, but this is how I approached it. When I saw an area that looked like it connected with the cube adjacent to it, look at another row of columns that is apart from it, to get the perspective of how many cubes are actually in that row. This way, it'll tell you that it's not really attached, but actually there is a space seperating that column from another one, this will help you determine how many faces are actually going to be painted. For the cube's that are illusions, the cube's really begin to mess with your perspective, but try to look at it from the way you first looked at it. Lines that are not connected vertically, but have a horizontal line running through them, indicating that the cube in fact has one of the faces open and it's hollow. Sort of like there's an awning over the rest of the cubes, so one of the faces is open, and it does not make a full cube. Make sure that you count the one's that make up the foundation, or the one's around it, but not the one's that are open. I hope that this helps somebody, but I just read another person's post saying that the real DAT doesn't have illusions, which is great! This will just give you more advanced practice!