CUNY Audiology Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cidanu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends. Has anyone on here visited the CUNY department or have any thoughts on their program? I called admissions and should be hearing from them soon, but really know very little about the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friends. Has anyone on here visited the CUNY department or have any thoughts on their program? I called admissions and should be hearing from them soon, but really know very little about the program.

I applied and I'm eagerly waiting to hear from them.....
Maybe, BigAl can shed some light to your questions, since he/she attended Brooklyn College. From what I gather from the website, classes are taken at two different colleges, Brooklyn College and Hunter College (and two vast locations).....Didn't they recently receive ASHA accreditation for the AuD program?

It's a very competitive program but which one isn't. I know of a few professor that teach and they are very qualified. One of the professors invented the ear popper, Dr. Silman. From my understanding the classes take place in Brooklyn college (clinic has 2 booths), Hunter college and the Grad center, which is also located in the city (Manhattan). You won't being going from school to school in 1 day. Not sure what Hunter is like but the Grad Center is pretty new. Plus it's NYC. If you choose CUNY I suggest living in Brooklyn, travel will be much easier between school. If you have any other questions that I might be able to answer send me a PM, be glad to help :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I transferred from CUNY Hunter during the middle of my sophomore year (I'm a senior now). Its a nice campus. The speech clinic is at the Brookdale Campus (on East 25th & 1st ave) which is nice if you plan on dorming because the dorms are pretty much across the street. The Brookdale Campus (aka South Campus) is secluded and is primarly for health science majors. I have friends who are there now for speech path and they say the clinic is decent. Although, they liked the one at the University at Buffalo (my current school) better. I've seen it and I liked it.

thanks for everyone's input! i decided against CUNY, mostly because i no longer have new york state residency. it's a super deal if you're a resident but if not, the cost of living with tuition is pretty high. having DC residency kind of sucks because we don't have a decent state school here, but I decided on Gallaudet, and i'm super excited to start!