Curious about my GPAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CloudBoi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, hope everyone is having a good holiday season and staying safe.

This is just out of sheer curiosity. I am not even a pre-dent. My cGPA is 3.73 and sGPA is 3.54

I assume these are too low for dental school but I am just curious. Would they hold up? Or would it be better to get a masters? Again I am just curious. Thanks all and stay safe.

Members don't see this ad.

This is just out of sheer curiosity. I am not even a pre-dent. My cGPA is 3.73 and sGPA is 3.54

I assume these are too low for dental school but I am just curious. Would they hold up? Or would it be better to get a masters? Again I am just curious. Thanks all and stay safe.
do more research
get the ADEA guide and get rid of your assumptions...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Not even a predent..............

Masters would definitely not be needed. BUT, your GPAs mean nothing without a DAT score. Your GPAs + a 18 on the DAT = your school was on the easy side and you couldn't perform well on a standardized test. Your GPAs + a 25 on the DAT = your school was tough but you know your stuff so you did well on this standardized test. You can't have one without the other so we can't tell you anything unless you have a DAT score to compare with.

But again, you're not even a predent...... ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Masters would definitely not be needed. BUT, your GPAs mean nothing without a DAT score. Your GPAs + a 18 on the DAT = your school was on the easy side and you couldn't perform well on a standardized test. Your GPAs + a 25 on the DAT = your school was tough but you know your stuff so you did well on this standardized test. You can't have one without the other so we can't tell you anything unless you have a DAT score to compare with.

also cannot decide between DO and DPM...

I didn’t realize it’s frowned upon for non-predents to post here, or that I'm not supposed to even be here. My apologies. Feel free to delete this post.

You’ll see I wrote that I put this here out of sheer curiosity. That's it. Never said I had ambitions to pursue dentistry, or asked what my chances are from an academic standpoint for acceptance to dental school. I have no idea where my GPAs would stand should ever in the future I developed an ambition. It's that simple. I was just curious as to where those two would stand. Thanks for your reply. Didn't mean to cause offense.

I didn’t realize it’s frowned upon for non-predents to post here, or that I'm not supposed to even be here. My apologies. Feel free to delete this post.

You’ll see I wrote that I put this here out of sheer curiosity. That's it. Never said I had ambitions to pursue dentistry, or asked what my chances are from an academic standpoint for acceptance to dental school. I have no idea where my GPAs would stand should ever in the future I developed an ambition. It's that simple. I was just curious as to where those two would stand. Thanks for your reply. Didn't mean to cause offense.
No offense taken at all, whatsoever lol and I did want to give you an honest answer :) I think the other replies had more to do with the way you worded your post

Solely based on GPA, I think you would be fine for almost all health professional schools, and if you decided to apply for dental school with those numbers.

I, probably like many others on here, actually thought quite a bit about DPM, MD/DO, and other healthcare paths myself as well before settling on dentistry :)

Reactions: 1 user
Wtf? I don’t know why they jumped on you like that...
Your gpa is fine for dental school. Take the dat and see how you do.