Curious about old mcat score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wannabedocta

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took my previous mcat about two years ago and i think it will expire this coming application season. Does anyone know if I am able to omit the expired score on my application and submit only my recent score?? or do I have to list all attempts?

😕
 
I took my previous mcat about two years ago and i think it will expire this coming application season. Does anyone know if I am able to omit the expired score on my application and submit only my recent score?? or do I have to list all attempts?

😕

You must list all attempts, no matter how long ago it was. I took the MCAT for the first time more than 10 years before I applied last cycle and it still had to be reported on both my AMCAS and AACOMAS. Not only that, but one interviewer even made reference to my ancient score.
 
What always suprised me was that it expires after 3 years. For me, that required me taking it again after I finished my research-based Master's degree. Lucky for me though, I went from a 30 (9,10,11) to a 30 (10,10,11). I was shocked that I stayed the same on bio and went up on the physical sciences. It had been 4 years since I had those classes! Oh well, I think that we, as reapplicants, get better at taking test skills and reading comprehension (which is what the test is really over imo) as time goes by.

Good luck!
 
What always suprised me was that it expires after 3 years. For me, that required me taking it again after I finished my research-based Master's degree. Lucky for me though, I went from a 30 (9,10,11) to a 30 (10,10,11). I was shocked that I stayed the same on bio and went up on the physical sciences. It had been 4 years since I had those classes! Oh well, I think that we, as reapplicants, get better at taking test skills and reading comprehension (which is what the test is really over imo) as time goes by.

Good luck!


Well your PS skills were stronger, but I might guess not because of better computational skills .. 30 = 10 + 10 + 11? 🙂 lol, great job though!