curious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunmoon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am curious as to the ballpark of your scores who got the interviews at prestigious IM programs.

My background is a non-traditional student who went to Carribean school and got a 250 on step-1. Haven't taken step 2 yet but dont think I will do much better than that. So what are my chances of going to a decent univ. program that has a high chance of a fellowship (cards or pulm) later on. I know this is a kind of stupid to ask but any response is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a thread on here called interview stats. it has the stats of this year's applicants and where they got interviews. check it out, it will probably answer your question. however, if my memory serves me correctly most of the people were from US allopathic schools, so keep that in mind. I don't know much about placement for Carribean school students. I think that you may run into roadblocks with some programs like MGH, JHU, Penn, Duke, and so on that don't grant interviews to FMG/IMG/DO's. I say this just based on what I have seen in previous threads, and not on any hard facts so take it for what its worth.

good luck, you did great on step 1!

thank you. that was what I was exactly looking for.