Current Applicant in need of Post-MCAT Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EarthToDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just took the MCAT today and I feel the same way as I did on AAMC 10, like I had no idea what I was doing on PS. Verbal was okay for me except I had to finish 1 passage in 5 minutes and another I had about 3 min. I had the same situation on AAMC 10 and made a 9 in verbal. BS on this test was quite hard, I seriously doubt I got higher than 8. I made 9/9/10 on AAMC 10. I am thinking I will probably get something between 22-28 (PS was really horrible).

My question is about sending my application to the med schools. My application will be processed within 1.5 to 2 weeks, my MCAT comes out Sep.7th. I am applying to 19 DO schools, so far I added only 1 school to get my app processed. Should I send the app to the schools after my MCAT score comes out (Sep.7) or should I send it out ASAP and complete the secondaries?

I plan on studying till my score comes out because I want to retake as soon as possible. Should I sign up for an MCAT test date in November or wait till my score comes out?

Any advice is appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

PS has been horrible lately but it will be normalized. You probably did better than you think. I would probably leave it at one school right now. When you get your score back you can decide if you want to add more schools. You can get secondary prompts from the discussion threads.

If you really think you did bad you can sign up right now. This is difficult because it is an expensive exam.

PS has been horrible lately but it will be normalized. You probably did better than you think. I would probably leave it at one school right now. When you get your score back you can decide if you want to add more schools. You can get secondary prompts from the discussion threads.

If you really think you did bad you can sign up right now. This is difficult because it is an expensive exam.

Thanks for the advice. I know its really expensive but I want to sign up for the November test dates because I am scared that they will be full in September and January will be really late for me to submit scores to the schools. Do you think they will be filled up by September?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the advice. I know its really expensive but I want to sign up for the November test dates because I am scared that they will be full in September and January will be really late for me to submit scores to the schools. Do you think they will be filled up by September?
Most likely they will be full. If money isn't too much of an issue I would just sign up. Also depends on the area you live in. I live in New York so the city area and Long Island area are full but the more upstate regions aren't full.

Don't worry if you were getting good scores on your practice exams you probably did alot better than you thought and you won't need a retake. I had an absolutely brutal BS and ended up regretting thinking about it for a month, so try to not let that PS section bother you.