Current Cycle Applicant: New MCAT Score Release Feb 13th vs. March 1st

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StillTryingtoGetThere

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a DO applicant for this cycle and was looking for opinions on if receiving a new, higher MCAT score on Feb 13th vs. March 1st would realistically make any difference.

MY cGPA is a 3.2, and my sGPA is a 2.97.
I have two MCAT scores: 502 (8/2020) and 500 (7/2023)
The biggest strength in my application is my clinical/volunteer hours (exact numbers available in my other post)

I applied to roughly 20 DO schools this cycle and currently have about 8 pre-II rejection, 2 interviews and the rest I haven't heard back from.

I'm currently taking the MCAT again on Jan 13th, and my FL progress has been as below:
Blueprint Free FL 507
Kaplan Free FL 506
AAMC FL 1 516
AAMC FL 2 514
(Of note, I have taken AAMC FL 1 and FL 2 in the past, but this was back in July. I didn't recognize probably 98% of the questions, but I understand I should take these with some doubt in my mind. I never took AAMC FL 3 or FL 4, so those should be more representative)
(The Blueprint and Kaplan FL I had never taken)

At the moment, I'm debating whether or not to move my exam from Jan 13th to Jan 26th, as the 2 extra weeks would definitely help me wrap up UWorld.

Ideally, I'd still like to get in this cycle. I know there is no guarantees but I feel I could score above a 507 this time around. Would having a new 507+ MCAT score update on Feb 13th vs. March 1st make a difference?

Just looking for some opinions on what you would do.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Retaking on either of those dates would only help you for the next cycle as match day is on February 16th, if you are a Texas resident. By that time all of the schools will have their rank list set and submitting a new test score would not benefit you. Hopefully you hear great news from one of the schools that offered you an interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Retaking on either of those dates would only help you for the next cycle as match day is on February 16th, if you are a Texas resident. By that time all of the schools will have their rank list set and submitting a new test score would not benefit you. Hopefully you hear great news from one of the schools that offered you an interview!

I am a NY resident, and I believe most of the schools I applied to continue interviewing until late March?

But thank you for the well wishes though!

Members don't see this ad :)
They will not look at your new score as they probably will have made a decision on your app by either of those dates. Students getting late interviews were probably on an interview waitlist of sorts.

Reactions: 1 user
They will not look at your new score as they probably will have made a decision on your app by either of those dates. Students getting late interviews were probably on an interview waitlist of sorts.

I'm actually on two interview waitlists at the moment, and hopefully end up with a waitlist or acceptance at one of the two interviews I have coming up. I was just thinking it would make a difference in those, but I see your point that it probably is too late in the cycle to have any real impact.